Fueling Bug while retreating from hostile system

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Cassini
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Fueling Bug while retreating from hostile system

Post by Cassini »

Another poster stated that there 'weren't too many bugs' left in the current patch version (paraphrasing), in the 'hydroponics' thread.

Well....

If one decides to retreat from combat in a hostile system, all ship fuel levels are topped off (FULL) upon retreating from the system. It appears the program is somehow allowing ships to refuel from the hostile system (as if it was 'friendly'). As soon as exiting the 'tactical' combat screen, the retreating ships have all their fuel levels topped off (in addition to any damage incurred while accelerating through the retreat process).

The only thing of 'note' was that there was a 100% stealth ship as part of this group (3 frigates and one stealth freighter that was present in the system before the combat initiated). No 'illegal' refuel was performed by this freighter at any time, and the hostile system was about 6000 or so 'units' from the last friendly system (so the 3 frigates should've had their fuel levels 6000 or so units less than full). All 4 ships retreated as a combined group, with all their fuel levels topped off.

There is also another bug incurred in the upgrade process occasionally. The correct mineral requirement would assessed, but in some systems, there would be no 'production' (labor) requirement assessed. I encountered this while upgrading satellites. In some systems, no labor assessment - and the satellite would 'pop out' at the beginning of the month ready to go (while upgrades in other systems it would take the expected 20-50 months depending on degree of systems upgrades). I couldn't tie this to specific types of worlds (earthlike, frozen, etc.), but it was repeatable with multiple upgrades of satellites. Also couldn't tie it to upgrading specific components (although the EXACT same satellite upgrade in other systems incurred full production/labor requirements).
Cassini

Re: Fueling Bug while retreating from hostile system

Post by Cassini »

I replicated the error. I was when upgrading a satellite to one with 'active reidium armor'. Tried to upload a PDF, hit a message of max file size of 2MB, if I can edit the capture, I'll upload it.
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

Here's the screen capture...
Attachments
Satellite Upgrade - Copy.jpg
Satellite Upgrade - Copy.jpg (189.38 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

Cassini wrote:If one decides to retreat from combat in a hostile system, all ship fuel levels are topped off (FULL) upon retreating from the system.
This is an old one. Not really a bug on my "scales". But I've also been ok with AI's "unlimited range corvettes" (haven't seen them for a while though). ;)
GodwinW
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by GodwinW »

Seems like a bug for sure yes.

It reminds me of this issue: http://steamcommunity.com/app/418250/di ... 324818591/ (I have been creating a lot of posts in that subforum)

It seems ships that flee get 'reset', so I think it should be relatively simple to fix this, seems like an ordering or tracking issue in code, where a part of the code should distinguish between cases and doesn't.
Darvin3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Darvin3 »

I found a similar bug with satellites that include fuel tanks and a refueling module. I'd built them to bridge a string of planet-less systems and get low-fuel units across to the other side. I found that the stellar energy modules wouldn't activate for some reason, but if I disassembled and reassembled them they would automatically be restored to full fuel capacity.
Ulthar
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Ulthar »

I recognized the same with missles, after retreating they are again filled up. :shock:

Return to “Polaris Sector”