Battle satellites

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Hassanka
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Battle satellites

Post by Hassanka »

Hello,

Just won my first game as Human, on normal difficulty.
Now starting Magelian on Hard.

As i was playing and exploring, i came to conclusion that battle satellites build by AI are pretty useless, because they have short range of weapon.
If you put just 1 IR laser or some similar long range weapon on your ship, you can easily speed up time and destroy any number of satelites.

I would recommend to fix this by installing at least 1 extra long range weapon on defense satellite by default. (longer then any ingame weapon on ships)
The DPS of that weapon shoud correspond with science advancement of each race, and shoud be updated automaticaly even on deployed satellites.
DPS shoud be rather weak, but at least it shoud be able to do some minor damage to the enemy.

Whats the point of the AI building 5 satellites, when i can destroy them all with 1 corvette armed with 1 IR laser?
oninowon

Re: Battle satellites

Post by oninowon »

Maybe it is that way on Normal Difficulty.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

On a harder difficulty the satellites are accompanied by 100-200 fighters, so your corvette probably wont survive (unless it's a really good corvette).
Darvin3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Darvin3 »

bjgrt wrote:On a harder difficulty the satellites are accompanied by 100-200 fighters, so your corvette probably wont survive (unless it's a really good corvette).
Doesn't change the fact that the satellites themselves are nearly useless. So long as you come with sufficient anti-fighter power to deal with that component of their defenses, cleaning up the satellites is completely trivial.

Return to “Polaris Sector”