Polaris Sector: Lumens is out!

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Polaris Sector: Lumens is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

The war for the Polaris Sector is back in style with a huge, new expansion: Lumens!

Lumens adds a brand new race to the game, the Lumens, living beings entirely made of light and pure energy who will stop at nothing to obtain total galactic domination.

Polaris Sector: Lumens also introduces many improvements to the base game, including a total rework of the technology system, new galaxy generation options, a brand new fleet management system, and much more.

It is a must-buy for every Polaris Sector fan and if you have never tried it there’s no better occasion than now. The base game Polaris Sector is 50% off only on our site, and it’ll be discounted at half price for a week until Tuesday November 21st! If you buy it on our site you will receive a Steam key as well.

Take part in the brutal wars to control the Polaris Sector in what is one of the most challenging and war-oriented space 4X games ever made!

If you’d like to take a look at it, don’t miss today’s stream on our Twitch channel: Agrippa Maxentius will be commanding his mighty fleets at 4 pm GMT!
Last edited by AlbertoC on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added link
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Polaris Sector: Lumens is out!

Post by bjgrt »

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

sorry, it was an error in the copy paste, as it's in the other post

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 04&t=80499

edited,.

now sorted thanks
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

There is a number of confirmed bugs in the Lumens DLC. Some are just annoying (mixed up technology pictures/names), some are game breaking (production redistribution bug causing "starvation" and revolt). I guess this is what you get for not beta testing.
Some of those bugs are commented by the author as "fixed". When will we see the patch?
RandomAttack
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by RandomAttack »

I've been kinda watching for some feedback, but little here and only 2 reviews (in English) on Steam. I still play Polaris once in awhile, but probably won't bother with Lumens if it's a bit underwhelming.
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

RandomAttack wrote:... probably won't bother with Lumens if it's a bit underwhelming.
The food shortage was put as an artificial boundaries (perhaps even chains) in PS. The Lumens don't need food, which is a bold move or just a capitulation from the author (hard to say yet). However, the production redistribution bug kills that feature almost entirely, so I'm not spending my money yet. Probably some other people are waiting for "release" bugs to be fixed too.

Return to “Polaris Sector”