Building Ships

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Building Ships

Post by JocaRamiro »

Hi,

I note that shipyards on different planets take wildly different amounts of time to build a ship of a particular design. What drives this? Is it the number of local factories? Population, something else?

Also, it does seem that ship building is affected by the current stockpile of minerals used. When I commission a ship, does the entire allotment of needed minerals get committed, or do minerals get released over time as building progresses.

In addition, I note that planets without shipyards can build small spacecraft and platforms. if these get damaged, will the planet have any repair capability?

Thanks in advance.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Building Ships

Post by bjgrt »

If you have one colonial module and no special "policies" in effect (usual case) - number of factories, orbital factories, and the morale.
If you have enough resources they are being consumed than building starts (not queued). If you don't - it takes as much as you have at start, and than as much as you produce for the amount still needed.

Return to “Polaris Sector”