Combat complaint

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Combat complaint

Post by longheart »

So, my planet is under attack by 5 destroyers. I have an anti-fighter destroyer to hold them off. Their speed is 5.77. My speed is 2.48. I can't figure out how they got such fast ships, but that's not my complaint here.

My anti-fighter destroyer has 2 boson guns. (To of course destroy fighters twice as fast. >.>). Also several Excimer lasers. I don't stand a hope against their destroyers...

But...

My anti fighter just fires a boson, and the enemy destroyers get confused and turn to run... All the while my excimer lasers are tickling them... Battle takes a long time.

Once, I let one of the last remaining ships get in range of me. It took down about 2000 shields before a boson shot at it. It ran away and never came close again since I did not target a far off ship to let anything get close.

So... I won the battle, against 5 times the enemy ships... Without a single hull damage... because the enemy destroyers were scared of a boson gun...

That's a problem I think.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Combat complaint

Post by Ufnv »

longheart wrote:So, my planet is under attack by 5 destroyers. I have an anti-fighter destroyer to hold them off. Their speed is 5.77. My speed is 2.48. I can't figure out how they got such fast ships, but that's not my complaint here.

My anti fighter just fires a boson, and the enemy destroyers get confused and turn to run... All the while my excimer lasers are tickling them... Battle takes a long time.

That's a problem I think.
Thanks, will be fixed!
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by longheart »

Just as a possibly unimportant note, the excimer lasers weren't what was hitting the enemy ships that were far away (since they are close range point defence).

It was probably realized I was talking about IR lasers. The really long range ones that do next to no damage, but always hit.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

longheart wrote:Just as a possibly unimportant note, the excimer lasers weren't what was hitting the enemy ships that were far away (since they are close range point defence).

It was probably realized I was talking about IR lasers. The really long range ones that do next to no damage, but always hit.
Sure. And already fixed.

Return to “Polaris Sector”