Invasion Bug found?

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Invasion Bug found?

Post by longheart »

So, I started the invasion of a planet that I see no defenses on. I brought in a transport, and tried to drop troops on his planet. I'm told when I try, that 0 of my tanks and ground aircraft got destroyed. That's great... But, all of my tanks and aircraft stayed on my transport ship.

No matter how many times I try to invade this planet, I can't get my troops onto the planet. They all just stay on my ship, forever. I can't figure out how to invade these planets. I am clicking on my transport, and then the board/unboard troops.

So, is there some other way to invade planets? I don't see any other buttons. The enemy has no space forces, and no planetary defenses that I can see...
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Invasion Bug found?

Post by Ufnv »

longheart wrote:So, I started the invasion of a planet that I see no defenses on. I brought in a transport, and tried to drop troops on his planet. I'm told when I try, that 0 of my tanks and ground aircraft got destroyed. That's great... But, all of my tanks and aircraft stayed on my transport ship.

No matter how many times I try to invade this planet, I can't get my troops onto the planet. They all just stay on my ship, forever. I can't figure out how to invade these planets. I am clicking on my transport, and then the board/unboard troops.

So, is there some other way to invade planets? I don't see any other buttons. The enemy has no space forces, and no planetary defenses that I can see...
You can try auto-invasion (click on a planet and there is the auto invasion button), but in this situation I am not sure it will help. Most likely it's the type of a planet you do not technologies to land to. This should not be a problem for invasion, but who nows. The only way I can 100% help is if you send me the saved game to ufnv@mail.ru
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by longheart »

As I was typing a description of the problem in a mail to you, it suddenly occurred to me that I was trying to land tanks on an ocean world.

It would be much nicer if I got a prompt of the error - tanks can't land on an oceanic world. Right now, I just may lose some tanks as they try to land, and then I find the survivors still on my transport.
Very confusing as to why they are still on the transport when I clearly told the tanks to land on an ocean world... many times... over and over... reloading the save game just in case it suddenly worked..... over and over...

It needs an error prompt, and not just silence.
longheart
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by longheart »

As a note, earlier I do recall trying to land both ground support aircraft and tanks on the planet at the same time, and being unable to unload either. That save game is long gone, so I can't be sure if not being able to land tanks also prevented it from landing bombers since I tried to drop them all at once.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

longheart wrote:As a note, earlier I do recall trying to land both ground support aircraft and tanks on the planet at the same time, and being unable to unload either. That save game is long gone, so I can't be sure if not being able to land tanks also prevented it from landing bombers since I tried to drop them all at once.
Thanks, I'll add a prompt.

Return to “Polaris Sector”