Polaris Sector is updated to version 1.05b!

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Polaris Sector is updated to version 1.05b!

Post by Daniele »

Good-day spacefarers!
We have big news for you!

Polaris Sector, one of the most intriguing 4x space games of the year, is updating to version 1.05!

This new version is heavily focused on improving the tactical combat situations, making the game better than ever!

Whilst trade deals and diplomacy are important to maintaining the balance of power, there are times when only the smartest tacticians can save the day.

Remember:
Who owns the sector, control the galaxy!

Check out the entire changelog below
You can download the update from here

Version 1.05 Changelog
- ability to position ships before combat by drag-and-drop
- switch to destroy discovered enemy spies automatically
- Interdictor module is now much quicker to research
- Fixed a bug with experience points lost for small ships in hangars
- Search for objects on a global map (fleets, ships, stars, planets, heroes)
- Keyboard shortcuts for fleets and stars on a global map
- Upkeep info added to the ship info screen
- Possibility to name fleets
- Configuration option to always allow initial ship placement in combat, even when attacking
- Fixed a bug with different scanner/jammer types not showing in the design info
- Fixed a bug with "radioactive world" race lacking hydroponics
- Allowed a bit closer zoom-in for the galaxy map
- Shortcuts for the “Move to a new fleet” action and “Merge Fleets” action (Ctrl+N and N)

Version 1.05b Changelog
- Fix for some settings automatically resetting themselves
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Polaris Sector is updated to version 1.05!

Post by bjgrt »

It changes half of my config to defaults every time I run the game. :x
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

Here goes your deep care - 31 hours passed, and no one even replied to the report that the new update is critically buggy.
But back to the bug itself. After the first run game adds new parameters to the config file. Among them there are three instances of AutoRevealEnemyShips - probably a bug. Anyway, on the next run game doesn't like it and writes default parameters to the rest of the config. Removing two of those three lines helps, but just for one game session.
A workaround - override the config file with a good one before each game session. It's quite easy, but only if you know some batch scripting and shortcut editing.
Seems like the bug shouldn't be hard for Vladimir to fix. Hope it wont take Slitherine another three weeks to post a fixed version.
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by solops »

Guess I'll wait on the patched patch.
crimsonsun
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by crimsonsun »

I had noticed about the defaults also, I found it a mildly annoying but far from game breaking. However I imagine its annoyance factor depends on how long you play for at a time, as I game only a couple of times a week but will play a game for 10+ hours straight so making a couple of changes doesn't bother me, honestly I hadn't even considered it a bug. :oops:
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

crimsonsun wrote:I had noticed about the defaults also, I found it a mildly annoying but far from game breaking. However I imagine its annoyance factor depends on how long you play for at a time, as I game only a couple of times a week but will play a game for 10+ hours straight so making a couple of changes doesn't bother me, honestly I hadn't even considered it a bug. :oops:
Vladimir told me that my PS gameplay style is very different from the majority (may be that's why I find so many bugs in it). For me it's changed way more than "a couple" parameters. Some changes are damaging to more than just the gameplay. If you start the game at night and it starts playing a loud music your neighbors wont be happy.
crimsonsun

Post by crimsonsun »

bjgrt wrote:
crimsonsun wrote:I had noticed about the defaults also, I found it a mildly annoying but far from game breaking. However I imagine its annoyance factor depends on how long you play for at a time, as I game only a couple of times a week but will play a game for 10+ hours straight so making a couple of changes doesn't bother me, honestly I hadn't even considered it a bug. :oops:
Vladimir told me that my PS gameplay style is very different from the majority (may be that's why I find so many bugs in it). For me it's changed way more than "a couple" parameters. Some changes are damaging to more than just the gameplay. If you start the game at night and it starts playing a loud music your neighbors wont be happy.
Haha actually that's an issue I have regardless of time, I have a nightmare neighbour in the flat below mine - such a nightmare that when saying my address in the dentist a complete stranger came up to me and brought up that I need to watch myself because that neighbour will go out of there way to see the flats around her unoccupied and has registered complaints about all tenants in the block and some in the neighbouring ones too. However while I realise your giving me a example, the rather flippant answer to that is turn your speakers down or use headphones, game volume should be the last place your correcting your sound - Just saying :evil: and I realise its not the point and you shouldn't have to but it itself is easily fixable.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

quick workaround:

instead of three AutoRevealEnemyShips place these values:

AutoRevealEnemyShips true
AutoRevealNeutralShips false
AutoRevealAlliedShips false
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

Ufnv wrote:quick workaround:

instead of three AutoRevealEnemyShips place these values:

AutoRevealEnemyShips true
AutoRevealNeutralShips false
AutoRevealAlliedShips false
Unfortunately it doesn't work as a solution. The game still overrides those two lines with "AutoRevealEnemyShips false" on exit.
Helps if you change the config before (of after) each game though. ;)
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

bjgrt wrote: Unfortunately it doesn't work as a solution. The game still overrides those two lines with "AutoRevealEnemyShips false" on exit.
Well, there is a way to overcome this. Just exit the game by Alt+F4 after quicksaving instead of normal "Exit" :)
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

Ufnv wrote:
bjgrt wrote: Unfortunately it doesn't work as a solution. The game still overrides those two lines with "AutoRevealEnemyShips false" on exit.
Well, there is a way to overcome this. Just exit the game by Alt+F4 after quicksaving instead of normal "Exit" :)
Thanks. Good to know.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Polaris Sector is updated to version 1.05b!

Post by Shards »

Hi bjgrt,

1.05b is now available and should fix your issues with resetting settings

Thanks!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the update
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 9392 times
JosEPhII
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by JosEPhII »

The game is still buggy I'm sorry to say. I just bought the game a little over a week ago and already I've encountered several bad bugs. :cry:

1. when your fleet is destroyed over one of your worlds by Pirates several of your fighters become badly damaged pirate ships. When the main Pirate fleet leaves and you build new fighters or bigger ships the time for them to show up they go on "Time???" and never appear. They could easily destroy this wounded mirage of left over fighters but the game just freezes them. They are Not suspended. they just neveer show up or let you build anything else till you Destroy them yourself thru the build list/screen. This is terrible!
2. Worlds start showing fear of Invasion and general unrest with no enemy within 4 systems away. You build Police nad the general unrest goes away. But the "fear" of invasion still hangs on even though the amount of Unrest listed is 0%. You can build Marines and Tanks or ships (depending upon the world type and the Fear does not go away until you find that again Pirate fleet 6-7 stars away and destroy them.
3. Overpopulation Warning shows up way to often. You need 10,000 pop to get a Star base built but if you hit the 10,000 mark you get the OP Warning stopping everything by putting the game on pause.

1st several days with the 1st game on easy I was having Fun. Learning about the ways to play, how to research and max planets build new designs etc. But once it became clear that the AI on easy was doing nothing at all it was time for a Normal game. So 2nd game starts on Normal and not even 50 yrs into the game all these Bugs are cropping up every where.

So if Anyone is still around how about a Patch to fix this game up? It has great potential but I'm rapidly seeing that I may have wasted $40 on an unsupported unfinished game. :shock:

Finally is this game moddable at all? If so maybe I can fix it myself?

Return to “Polaris Sector”