Game only selectively saves some ship designs??

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
sandman2575
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game only selectively saves some ship designs??

Post by sandman2575 »

This is pretty frustrating and would love to find out if I'm doing something wrong. My understanding is that PS automatically saves your custom ship designs. But something seems wonky here. Sometimes, some of my ship designs -- and I'm talking the most basic, starting ship designs, so not ships that you need any special tech to unlock -- some of my ship designs get saved. Others do not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. Also the "Shift-click" to permanently delete certain designs is definitely *not* working -- I've done this several times, and each time I try to start a new game, those 'permanently deleted' designs are right back there. Pretty frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution? I really hate having to redesign the same ship for every new start. And hate that designs I've 'permanently deleted' are still there.
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Game only selectively saves some ship designs??

Post by jack54 »

I'm not sure... I restarted as humans and some of my designs are there; others aren't.... so I'm thinking it may be tech related, at least in my case. I checked My Documents/My Games/ Polaris Sector/Designs and the designs are there.

A new game started with Megellans and there are no custom designs so they appear to be race specific.

Sorry I really can't answer your question accurately, but I've not seen a problem thus far.
freifrei
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by freifrei »

sandman2575 wrote:This is pretty frustrating and would love to find out if I'm doing something wrong. My understanding is that PS automatically saves your custom ship designs. But something seems wonky here. Sometimes, some of my ship designs -- and I'm talking the most basic, starting ship designs, so not ships that you need any special tech to unlock -- some of my ship designs get saved. Others do not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. Also the "Shift-click" to permanently delete certain designs is definitely *not* working -- I've done this several times, and each time I try to start a new game, those 'permanently deleted' designs are right back there. Pretty frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a solution? I really hate having to redesign the same ship for every new start. And hate that designs I've 'permanently deleted' are still there.
It happens when you edit old designs instead of making new copies.

Also, it doesnt load designs from the future saves. If you design new ship then load the same game, new ship design wont be loaded, it seems.
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

freifrei wrote: It happens when you edit old designs instead of making new copies.
Aha -- that must be what's happening. Thanks.

freifrei wrote: Also, it doesnt load designs from the future saves. If you design new ship then load the same game, new ship design wont be loaded, it seems.
I don't quite follow you here. Do you mean that only designs saved to the *very first save* you make will carry over from game to game? I.e. you have to keep overwriting the initial game save rather than creating new saves?

Also, has anyone noticed that the "permanently delete" design feature does not seem to work consistently?
elmo3
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by elmo3 »

Sorry for the thread necro but I'm late to the party on Polaris Sector. Noticing some ship designs were not there when I did a restart, then I did another restart and they were there. Also noticed none of my planet templates were saved when I started a new game. All games as the humans. Very puzzling.

Return to “Polaris Sector”