Star Wars: Alliance – A Polaris Sector mod released

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Star Wars: Alliance – A Polaris Sector mod released

Post by Firefox440 »

btbrown wrote:I downloaded your new mod bit it does not seem to be the star wars mod.Did i download something wrong or am i missing something??
There are not any version from the mod which it runs with any 1.06 by the moment.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Well. This is the sunday surprise. The First Order Dreadnought.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Without be able build powerful destroyers, the First Order defended its territory with this type of Carriers loaded with several TIE squadrons.

The First Order's Carrier is not good attacking directly other ships but it counts with a good amount of anti-fighter weapons and it uses the TIE fighters as their primary offensive weapon.

These units are shared between the Star Wars Polaris Sector and the FOC Alliance. In fact, you will see them first inside this mod. Probably I will release this week the 1.06d version without the First Order and next the DLC version with the First Order and probably with time the Resistance.

You can know more at https://firefoxccmods.com/
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Yes, it will be added in the mod. Probably some people think these things:
-It is not in the Episode VIII.
-I do not like it.
-How will it be added in the game if it was a planet?

And the answers are.
-It is not only a Episode VIII mod.
-Fortunately for many of us, I am the man in charge making the mod.;)
-It will be a super orbital station, one special type added in the Star Wars mod for the Polaris Sector, in fact, the new version will add more type of things. It will be expensive and probably you will not be able to build more of one.

However, if nothing change, you will not destroy planets exactly with this. It is a work at progress and I do not go to give exact solutions to any questions but if I do not discover nothing better, it will be added as a defensive super station.

It will not be the last ship added, there are a special Starbase and Golan. A Destroyer, the TIE Silencer and very probably another fighter and ship.

About the mod itself, there are many chances from release a version without the First Order, not for the DLC. Perhaps today, tomorrow or a bit later. Just I need to make some designs and few more probably.
btbrown
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by btbrown »

Saw the new Star Wars Movie today. When you get the first order Dreadnought into Polaris Sector its goimg to be awesome!!!!!!
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

btbrown wrote:When you get the first order Dreadnought into Polaris Sector its goimg to be awesome!!!!!!
A week ago the model was added in the Star Wars app. With lucky, they will add more. The Resistance Cruiser Raddus and the other frigates would be good. Other thing added in the app was the strange big Resistance bomber. But it is one of the things which I do not like too much because it is as if you put a old B17 flying in space, it is a stupid remove from everything showed before........but curiously after it, two TIE launch two torpedoes, even blue and similar to the old torpedoes from Xwing games inside the Raddus bridge. Both are curious things.

However, I liked the film, mostly because it is fun and the story not bad. Being true, the unique thing which I do not like from Disney Star Wars universe, it is the comics edited by Marvel and the books, of course only one single stupid game. The comics from Marvel are a lot worse than the previous DC comics. And the books..........the stories are bad. It is not only a opinion from me, everybody say. :roll:
btbrown

Post by btbrown »

we are ready to play
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

This is not the final version, it is the model with a temporal texture, perhaps even the final model be different. But.....I want release the mod before it be finished at 100% because there are many other new things and all them must be tested. If I have not all the ships, I can not play too much and you can help me testing the mod.

Of course for a game as Polaris Sector, you will enjoy things like this Super Starship.

btbrown

Post by btbrown »

i can help test the mod. I have a lot of time on my hands to play polaris sector
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have recorded a small and fast preview to the First Order space units in the designer. A work at progress but very close.

btbrown

Post by btbrown »

Sweet I am ready to be a tester
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I will release it for everybody soon and I will continue upgrading it after the release.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Good news the mod for the last 1.06d and Lumens DLC is very close. This mod should work with both versions, just the main difference will be the additional First Order faction. Without it, you will not see it.

btbrown

Post by btbrown »

We are Ready Maybe an early Christmas Present for us.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

btbrown wrote:We are Ready Maybe an early Christmas Present for us.
Can be but I need to create a new ship, the First Order Destroyer. After this first release, I will continue working with it, I will add more units probably and the Resistance faction replacing the Corporate Sector.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

It looks as if Xmas goes to disturb the mod a little, probably I will not get the last First Order Destroyer texture from Nawrocki and I will release the first version without it. For your information, it is not the Resurgent Star Destroyer, it is another thing, a bit similar but smaller and different, a design made by me.

However, I will update the mod after it, even with time I will add the Resistance faction with the Raddus and more things. Just a matter of time.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Today I was trying a old idea. The position of planets in the game is made automatically and it does not look too fun for other universes, it is the unique point which I did not like. But........the scenario files have x, y, z coordinates and I have the Star Wars galaxy made at 3Dmax with coordinates, the unique probably neccesary difference was the scale, adding a zero to my coordinates would be more than enough.

I made this thing from the image at 5 minutes as a test. I made it with the tutorial because by the moment the game does not let to edit the scenarios. It is a bug. It will be fixed in the future and probably we will be able to play a customized galaxy with the customized stars and planets. One thing like this would be the perfection.;)

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have uploaded a video preview, the first part.

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Good news. I have received the last textures now and probably today I will released the first DLC version completed. I was very importang upload everything from one time. It is a huge amount of data and when less patches and other things be added better for all us.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have uploaded the last version the mod now.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-pol ... nloadsform
If you play with the DLC, you will see the First Order faction. If you do not play with the DLC, you will not see the faction. Very simple.

About the First Order, I have added two fighters more, the First Order TIE Interceptor and the First Order TIE Invader.

Nothing more by the moment. Enjoy it.

Return to “Polaris Sector”