Star Wars: Alliance – A Polaris Sector mod released

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
ArtosVV
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Star Wars: Alliance – A Polaris Sector mod released

Post by ArtosVV »

Hello,
1. You use in the modification of legacy file EQUIP\Misc.all (v1.06c is v1.06d).
It is better to remove from the mod not the modified files (EQUIP\Armour.all|Engines.all|Generators.all|Misc.all|Shields.all) to avoid mistakes in game updates.
2. I would like to ask you to upload your source files to the ModKit 1.06d, to make high-quality localization the fashion.

Firefox440
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Firefox440 »

Sorry but by the moment upload my last files has not a point. There will be another patch probably for the main game and.........I am not sure if I want let edits from my mod because at the end, it can give me more troubles and work. The last time I had many problems discovering what was edited by Lex and other people which finally it was a headache and I needed thousands of hours making it. And more hours coming. Probably there are not too difference of work hours between the mod and the original game, each model needs......too much.

About remove files.........if you remove them, ok. But I can not say how you do not remove any feature from the mod. I did not put everything in the new equip file. There were a big headache with these things.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

If I have not told it, at least too much, I will release sooner or later other version from the mod adding the Resistance faction. It will replace the Corporate Sector.
ArtosVV

Post by ArtosVV »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:I am not sure if I want let edits from my mod...
So You are forbidden to edit/change your mod or ...?
Note: No editing is impossible to do any localization, and it without files from the ModKit to do is more than difficult (that's a thousand lines of text!)
Sorry...
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

ArtosVV wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:I am not sure if I want let edits from my mod...
So You are forbidden to edit/change your mod or ...?
Note: No editing is impossible to do any localization, and it without files from the ModKit to do is more than difficult (that's a thousand lines of text!)
Sorry...
Sorry but I do not need other people editing my mod. Just it. Specially when I am working with it.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

ArtosVV wrote: It is better to remove from the mod not the modified files (EQUIP\Armour.all|Engines.all|Generators.all|Misc.all|Shields.all) to avoid mistakes in game updates.
For all the players. Do not make it or you will remove several changes from the mod. It is better for you wait a patch.
ArtosVV

Post by ArtosVV »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
ArtosVV wrote: It is better to remove from the mod not the modified files (EQUIP\Armour.all|Engines.all|Generators.all|Misc.all|Shields.all) to avoid mistakes in game updates.
For all the players. Do not make it or you will remove several changes from the mod. It is better for you wait a patch.
Why introduce all the confusion?! These files contain no modifications ("several changes from the mod")! These are files of the original game, аnd the file Misc.all that is from the outdated version of the game (1.06c), which has replaced the official patch 1.06d.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Why introduce all the confusion?! These files contain no modifications ("several changes from the mod")! These are files of the original game, аnd the file Misc.all that is from the outdated version of the game (1.06c), which has replaced the official patch 1.06d.
These files add several exclusive changes from the mod. You added the mistake, not me.

Other point, the mod needs the original game but..............it adds new things and at some point, probably the new game adds a new version but the mod continues running with a older version. This is the things which you can see here. It happened before and it will happen again.;)

About the my SW mod kit. If you want edit the text...........how many times do you want edit them? one or three? I do not go to release them before I have a version very finished, one which I can play and go to sleep without change nothing.

As I said before. I will release a patch. Now if you want continue contradicting me, very well, at the end, I will be more tired than now and I will not release nothing.:)
Last edited by Firefox440 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

This is the TIE Invader, an advanced fighter from the First Order. I made this design thinking in a fighter showed in the Episode VII art from the pre-production. It was added in the last version.

I was thinking.........why not? they have two different TIEs, why can I not add a TIE Interceptor with some changes. This unit is in the last version.

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have ready a new small patch with the correct solution for the items very small problem. ;)
ArtosVV

Post by ArtosVV »

I will not continue to disturb You in your work on the mod and in the knowledge/mastering Modkit.
Success! ;)
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

I have added a small patch http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-pol ... 06d-patch1

ArtosVV be patient, it is a bad time for translate the text inside the modkit, very bad because if they are new files, repeat everything will be a big headache for you. It will be for me....... :roll:
ArtosVV

Post by ArtosVV »

Nomada_Firefox wrote:ArtosVV be patient, it is a bad time for translate the text inside the modkit, very bad because if they are new files, repeat everything will be a big headache for you.
Localization file rtq.txt written once(!), and then only corrects (if necessary). Files rtq.lng (Eng and Rus) are obtained automatically! :!:
Sorry that You don't know the work Modkit, and your ignorance is going to cost me a lot of work with thousands of lines of text that I've added to your mod a year ago... :cry: Well, let's do it ourselves and its version Modkit, if they even have the desire to do localization.
Please excuse me for my bad English. Bye
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

ArtosVV wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:ArtosVV be patient, it is a bad time for translate the text inside the modkit, very bad because if they are new files, repeat everything will be a big headache for you.
Localization file rtq.txt written once(!), and then only corrects (if necessary). Files rtq.lng (Eng and Rus) are obtained automatically! :!:
Sorry that You don't know the work Modkit, and your ignorance is going to cost me a lot of work with thousands of lines of text that I've added to your mod a year ago... :cry: Well, let's do it ourselves and its version Modkit, if they even have the desire to do localization.
Please excuse me for my bad English. Bye
My ignorance say me......I will not release the modkit ever thanks to you. I make it for free and respect is the unique thing which people can give me. You do not understand how the txt from the rtq changes with the .a files and they go to change again the next time where I must replicate the same changes in other updated file. Each line in the txt has a position......

Now. End story. My ignorance and me do not go to release the modkit.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Time for show some from the Resistance. This faction will replace the Corporate Sector and it will have some new units as the Raddus Cruiser seen in the Episode VIII.

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Another video. Part three from this game, not combat by the moment, I continue setting my Empire. It is a slow thing, first I need resources, next research, build and more resources.

Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Lately I have been making some improvements. Mostly in the First Order ships, I did not like how dark they were. Now, you can watch them easier in game.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Today, I have released a new patch, it replaces the previous and it adds new improves.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-pol ... 06d-patch2

The biggest improve are ships from the First Order with more brightness and more centered. It will improve the battles with them.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Well, if you do not check it. A new game update was launched, the 1.06e. Probably the last version from the mod will work with it. However I will make a update sooner or later, more probably later because I want add somethings as a new customized Star Wars Galaxy. With few lucky, I can make it.
Firefox440

Post by Firefox440 »

Well, I have not published nothing for months, mostly because I was waiting a patch where the scenario edition would be possible. Now with the 1.06e, it is possible.

The scenario from the image is just first test but I go to make a first version at least 200 planets and I will continue adding more following the Star Wars Atlas. With it, I will add several new scenario to the mod as I made in the past. It will give to the mod the necessary amount of reality for immerse you in a Star Wars Universe.

For the record, the last version from the mod works with the 1.06e. But in time I will upgrade it with the new galaxy and some more new stuff, new ships and more.

Return to “Polaris Sector”