Theoshians

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
chew
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Theoshians

Post by chew »

So I reached the point where the Theosians come in and make random planets go supernova. I have also researched all there is to research and have the Theoshians Tunnel Drive, the Theosynthesis Resonator and the Blastony Resonator. I have also put them all on a freighter.

So the question is, how do I use them to get rid of the Theosians once and for all? I am stumped and getting tired of seeing my colonies get blown up to pieces.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Theoshians

Post by zakblood »

destroy their fleet and then make a choice to either wipe them out or not, eg use one type of tech or another, it's in the info given by research :wink:
chew

Post by chew »

I see. Thank you.

But it is crazy and seem impossible to kill them. I jump into their home star and they have 100+ battleships plus 1000+ smaller ships waiting for me. :(
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

nothing in life is ever easy, but it can be done, just needs the right torps and shields and ships tbh :wink:
chew

Post by chew »

Will their number keeps growing to even way more than that?
Are beam and energy weapons totally useless against them?
Should I only configure anti-matter torpedoes and forget about the rest of the weapons on the ships?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

last tech of torp does the trick, but best not to let them develop or last too long as once they get too many ship it's a no brainer and end game is never going to happen either, so for me it's when they have just 2 battleships and some destroyers it's easy, as soon as they get into double figurers or silly numbers you have waited to long etc, once i had the same odd's and winning by killing was never going to happen either

yes means you win or can win with right tech and weapons / shields and ship type
yes.jpg
yes.jpg (301.26 KiB) Viewed 9727 times
no means you will never beat them
no.jpg
no.jpg (297.79 KiB) Viewed 9727 times
look at star date, early on it's doable, later on it's no way
chew

Post by chew »

Ah! I guess I am past the point of no return now. Think I will start over. Thank you.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

you can try, i did many times but by now i know that they can build on par with me so as i built wrong and too slow in the end, they soon out paced me, so i also re started, and next time took out the ships a lot earlier, what the tech for when they arrive, as it's on a certain point in time when it gets to a given % they arrive, so make sure you have all in place to hold them at first, always rebuild what they destroy, as then you only normally loose 3 worlds or 3 systems, but on later difficulty levels that alters as well, good luck and hope you enjoy the game, i did testing it :wink:
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

chew wrote:Will their number keeps growing to even way more than that?
Are beam and energy weapons totally useless against them?
Should I only configure anti-matter torpedoes and forget about the rest of the weapons on the ships?
The growing number is a bug that I suppose I've fixed in a coming patch.
Beam and energy weapons are not totally useless, but they are way less efficient.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Around what year do these suckers show up? I'm around 2700 in my current game (first with external threat enabled), I want to know how long I have to build up my BBs.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:Around what year do these suckers show up? I'm around 2700 in my current game (first with external threat enabled), I want to know how long I have to build up my BBs.

- BNC
This is triggered not by year, but by your progress - need to be advanced in science and owning quite a piece of a galaxy.
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

zakblood_slith wrote:
yes.jpg
no.jpg
In these screenshots they appear at the Polaris system. In my game Polaris is a star by itself with no starlanes going to/from it. Is this going to open one day and out will burst the Theoshians?

Makes sense looking at what the game is called.

Edit: Turns out they didn't appear there. I guess Polaris star is just an anomaly on the map that doesn't have any reason to be there in my game

Edit2: These idiots just came in and started blowing up stuff. Decided the only tactic against them is hope that you have a big pile (50BBs +) where they happen to blow up at some point. Would be better if they just conquered planets and there was a visible enemy - this current system seems a bit ridiculous. Challenging yes, Fun no. Glad at least they can be turned off. :?

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

I tried to activate the external thread (Theoshians) the first time with Polaris Sector V1.05b and it seems my problem is even worse then others reported here (assuming others used older versions of Polaris Sector).

After I researched everything (100%) I still got no Theoshians technology.
I have still no starline to Polaris and therefore I can't attack the Theoshians.
I activated domination victory too, but it doesn't trigger (AI have < 1/3 technology).

Now the Theoshians have killed a lot of AI systems and all my warships. As I own about ½ of the colonized systems, I can wait, if I'll be the last survivor, but I can really win any more.

I've won only one battle against Theoshians. But even if I would won more battles and are much stronger then the Theoshians, I see no way to kill the Theoshians.

Is the external thread broken with V1.05b?
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
Trooperc7

Post by Trooperc7 »

Is there a way to play the game without the theoshians arriving? Like can i turn them off?
bjgrt

Post by bjgrt »

Trooperc7 wrote:Is there a way to play the game without the theoshians arriving? Like can i turn them off?
Yes. Turn off the "External Threat" than starting a new game.
Friese
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Friese »

In my most recent game the Theosians have come, destroyed quite a few star systems and are now pounding three of my star systems every so often. I've stacked a number of ships in those three systems and can easily defeat the Theosians whenever they attack, and I can even replace the losses faster than they attack. Even after 50 battles against them I have not seen any additional research option, Polaris is inaccessible (no star lanes), the science screen says I've done 100% of the research.

So, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
peterw

Post by peterw »

I've exactly the same problem playing V1.05b.
Therefore I think it's a bug.

The only workaround is switching off the External threat if you start the next game.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Could you please send me the saved game to ufnv@mail.ru, so I can check what is going on?
Friese

Post by Friese »

Ufnv wrote:Could you please send me the saved game to ufnv@mail.ru, so I can check what is going on?
It's on it's way. :)
peterw

Post by peterw »

I send my last save too.

Return to “Polaris Sector”