Research Buildings

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Cassini
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Research Buildings

Post by Cassini »

This has been a long standing bug in how research buildings are constructed.

Place a number in a planet's construction list.... save the game.... exit the program... reload the program and load the saved game.

The construction expense of the buildings in the list drops from 250 per building to 125 per building.

I've always noticed that some would be at the 125 expense, but it wasn't till I did the assign, save, exit, reload process that I was able to predictably observe the drop in construction expense from 250 down to 125.
Cassini

Re: Research Buildings

Post by Cassini »

Another thing... each save halves the construction expense of research buildings in the construction queue, so by repeated saving and loading of the program, each research building's construction is halved EACH TIME - it isn't just lowered to 125, it will be halved each time a saved game is loaded with a research building in the queue.
Cassini

Post by Cassini »

The same bug exists for the orbital research buildings. Costs 1000 production to construct, place in construction queue, save game, exit, load game, open save and the production expense has dropped by half.

The 'halving' also occurs for buildings under construction, so if a building has progressed to say 900 production left and the game is saved, upon reopening it now only shows 450 production remaining.

I've only noticed this particular bug with research structures.

I have edited a couple of building files (the bonus project expense ratio and the production for hydroponics), but I don't think these edits are causing the problems. If no one else is experiencing the above problems, then the edits I did to the two files would be causing the problem.

This has been a long standing bug, recently confirmed with the 1.06g patch.

There is also the same bug I pointed out over a year ago, in which upgrade expense for battle satellites are sometimes greatly 'messed up' - the upgrade time comes out to only a month and costs virtually nothing - whereas previous upgrades to satellites have the 'expected' expense.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

thanks, will check it
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Post by Ufnv »

Was not able to reproduce.

Doing just as described - add a number of buildings, save, exit, relaunch, load - nothing changes. Both for queued and in progress buildings.

Do you have a saved game probably?

Return to “Polaris Sector”