Two bugs

sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Two bugs

Post by sa_gibson »

I've not played in a while, and I'm playing now, and I'm surprised to see that these two bugs still exist:

1) movement of mobile units (mechanized and armor) does not permit you to move from one space to another along a road and then return to the original space. This is a very common move used either to cut off or restore supply, and it has not worked since the relaunch of BotB. What's up with that?

2) the game permits the Axis player to exit units off of the map - and score points - even when those units are not currently in supply. This is contrary to the rules.
manthril
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Two bugs

Post by manthril »

Hello there sa_gibson!

Battle of the Bulge hasn't been updated in a while since we had our hands full with other releases. I have added your bugs into our backlog. I can't tell you a date for the next update, but they will be fixed in it.

Thanks!
Teo
Teo
manthril
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Two bugs

Post by manthril »

Hi sa_gibson!

We started fixing bugs and here I am, back to you.
1) movement of mobile units (mechanized and armor) does not permit you to move from one space to another along a road and then return to the original space. This is a very common move used either to cut off or restore supply, and it has not worked since the relaunch of BotB. What's up with that?
We fixed this one and it will be available in the upcoming patch.
2) the game permits the Axis player to exit units off of the map - and score points - even when those units are not currently in supply. This is contrary to the rules.
The rules state:
A unit may exit the map only if it is an Axis unit, in supply, ...
A unit is out of supply for the entire day if it cannot trace a path of friendly-controlled spaces back to a friendly map edge.
Since supply checks are performed at the start of the day, the unit is still in supply for the entire day, so it can be used to exit the map. Units that are in supply at the start of the day and lose supply during the day, are in supply but are unable to trace supplies. So, there is a difference between a unit being in supply and a unit that can trace supply.

We also tested this with an old iOS build and it works as it does in the current build.
Teo

Return to “Battle of the Bulge: Tech Support”