Scenario Editing

PC/MAC : A belnd of role playing game and RTS following the story of the mighty Roman Empire.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scenario Editing

Post by IainMcNeil »

I cant promise anything - 7 years is a long time but see if that helps!

Have you get the xls files as these are easier to view and edit than pure text.
Aleksandr
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Aleksandr »

IainMcNeil wrote:I cant promise anything - 7 years is a long time but see if that helps!

Have you get the xls files as these are easier to view and edit than pure text.

I already got the .xls, I'm not used to work with it, but it's definitely easier than a pure text.
I hope that I'll have some success with the modding!

Thanks for your help, hope that it doesn't distract you from a work on a more important things (read: newer games that attract more than one weirdo :mrgreen: )
Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

Aleksandr, I looked at this issue a long time ago, and decided that using an existing scenario structure was the course of least resistance. IIRC the maplocks are ugly. I don't suggest messing with any of the three .txt files in the DB directory.

You''re right, 40 scenarios is a lot. I took them in groups of 4, and it still consumed all of my free time for about 2 weeks.

I've been looking around for my notes, that I compiled in the course of designing Britannicus, but I'm not finding them, and I suspect they may have been on an old hard-drive, sadness abounds! But I'll keep an eye out for them, and let you know if they turn up.
Aleksandr
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Aleksandr »

possum wrote:Aleksandr, I looked at this issue a long time ago, and decided that using an existing scenario structure was the course of least resistance. IIRC the maplocks are ugly. I don't suggest messing with any of the three .txt files in the DB directory.

You''re right, 40 scenarios is a lot. I took them in groups of 4, and it still consumed all of my free time for about 2 weeks.

I've been looking around for my notes, that I compiled in the course of designing Britannicus, but I'm not finding them, and I suspect they may have been on an old hard-drive, sadness abounds! But I'll keep an eye out for them, and let you know if they turn up.
Yes, I believe you're right, namely because Slitherine also say to use the preexisting structure. Nonetheless, I wish to make a very short campaign with some 15 scenarios, so it shouldn't be that problematic.
Hopefully... :oops:

Return to “Legion Arena & CoM”