A Legion Arena "Modded" Checklist.

PC/MAC : A belnd of role playing game and RTS following the story of the mighty Roman Empire.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

lcjr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by lcjr »

I played around with the sizes some and everything seemed to work fine. I think even if you could increase the size of squads in the campaign battles the increased frontage would be a problem on several maps.

Poked around in the .bmf files and found what seems to be the value for unit size however changing has done nothing. Need to find one of the scenario files with specific unit names and look at it.
spedius01
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by spedius01 »

lcjr wrote:I played around with the sizes some and everything seemed to work fine. I think even if you could increase the size of squads in the campaign battles the increased frontage would be a problem on several maps.
Poked around in the .bmf files and found what seems to be the value for unit size however changing has done nothing. Need to find one of the scenario files with specific unit names and look at it.
Ave lcjr,

Those "several maps" would be the small one where the armies are edge to edge, yes?

How did you access the .bmf files? What sofware did you use? Could you possibly post, in more detail, what you found in them?

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to have looked into these files.

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
Last edited by spedius01 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~Jim Poulton~~~
"If you build it, they will come"
North London Wargames Group
spedius01

Post by spedius01 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:On the question of textures, IIRC (and a quick look at the code seems to indicate it...) you can just add more textures on at the end (e.g. if there are textures up to 006 then just name yours 007) then it should just take them and use them.
You can download a photoshop plugin to make DDS files (otherwise it will slow you rendering down somewhat) from the nVidia site (developer section) - and there are other DDS creation tools out there too.
Hope that helps!
Cheers
Pip
Ave pip,

Correct me if I'm wrong, you guys have a tendency to begin your numbering systems with a zero? So it follows that the textures are numbered from 000 to 006 making 7? The fact that you're advising grimsta to use 007 means we're not restricted to only 7 skins per troop type, correct? Therefore we can have as many skins as we like, yes?

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
~~~Jim Poulton~~~
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Correct - there is no real limit to the number of extra textures you can provide. I guess the problem is that at the moment they do need to be contiguous, making ad-hoc texture packs pretty tricky. Hmmm

Cheers

Pip
spedius01

Post by spedius01 »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Correct - there is no real limit to the number of extra textures you can provide. I guess the problem is that at the moment they do need to be contiguous, making ad-hoc texture packs pretty tricky. Hmmm
Cheers
Pip
Ave pip,

By contiguous (next in sequence) do you mean we'd need to consult some kind of colour chart, which is numbered and we'd need to follow the sequence for LA to be able to read it? If this is true where do we get hold of this chart and what was the last number that we used?

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
~~~Jim Poulton~~~
lcjr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by lcjr »

How did you access the .bmf files? What sofware did you use? Could you possibly post, in more detail, what you found in them?
Simple hex editor. Plenty around for free like XVI and Hackman Lite. Theres some text and quite a few values I have no clue what they are. I would guess some are the formation and location. Theres a list of most of the units in the game followed by values. I need to take the time one day and compare several files and see if I can figure out what value determines if a unit is active or not. Since there's two versions of Grannicus a comparison of those two should identify the time limit value.
grimsta
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by grimsta »

Uuuuh, Spedius, i dont think there is a colour chart.
When i made my first re-texture for the game i seriously changed the colours and they still work ingame...
One mans Rabbit is another mans Laplander - Boris Johnson
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

spedius01 wrote:
pipfromslitherine wrote:Correct - there is no real limit to the number of extra textures you can provide. I guess the problem is that at the moment they do need to be contiguous, making ad-hoc texture packs pretty tricky. Hmmm
Cheers
Pip
Ave pip,

By contiguous (next in sequence) do you mean we'd need to consult some kind of colour chart, which is numbered and we'd need to follow the sequence for LA to be able to read it? If this is true where do we get hold of this chart and what was the last number that we used?

Vale

M. Spedius Corbulo
Simply that the texture files need to be in order from 0 upwards otherwise it will only find the files up to the first 'gpa'.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Legion Arena & CoM”