Steel Elephants! A brand new RTS from the ancient world.

PC/MAC : A belnd of role playing game and RTS following the story of the mighty Roman Empire.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Aleksandr
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Steel Elephants! A brand new RTS from the ancient world.

Post by Aleksandr »

Ok, so I'm playing Legion Arena once again and I enter the final battle of Gauls and Pyrrhos minicampaign, the Battle of Malventum. The enemy has got quit nothing, mostly some inexperienced archers and heavy infantrymen, with the only dangerous units being the pair of elephant squads. I quite easily rout all of Pyrrhos' men, except for the elephants which I fail to lure into the water. And then it happens...

They run into my line and after a bitter fight I defeat one of them with the second squad being reduced to three animals. I surround them - unfortunately one of my archers also need to take a close look - and afte a salvo of javelins and arrows, two more creatures fell to ground, leaving the named squad with one last elephant standing, one last enemy "soldier".

Then this sole elephant goes onto a real rampage.

It routs one Velites.
Then it routs one Auxilia.
Then it defeats another Auxilia.
Then it finally routs the Archers and then tramples over Legionaries.
Then it turns its long nose towards my second archers, but those finally got it down in the rough. :shock:

I had a nigh full Skirms squad (although at level 1) which stood in a marsh, so hopefully they'd kill the beast, but still... The elephants are on level 10, on pair with my squads. They were repeatedly hit, and all of their comrades were already cold. Still, the one last elephant killed dozens of my men and singlehadedly destroyed several squads. This battle costs me over 1200 fame.

Not funny. I'd love to know what are those dumbos made from.

"Adamantine hammer in my hand..."

:lol:

Return to “Legion Arena & CoM”