New Preview

PC/MAC : A belnd of role playing game and RTS following the story of the mighty Roman Empire.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Preview

Post by IainMcNeil »

ste
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by ste »

Very kewl review, they seemed quite complementary, nice to read :D
bodidley
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bodidley »

Bit too many comparisons with a certain Rome game. Does that make you guys feel sort of like your girlfriend is rambling about her ex or what? Just joking of course :)

I love those screenshots of the pre-battle arrangement screen. Very nice.
efthimios
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by efthimios »

Indeed a nice preview. I like the style of the Menus' GUI. :-)

I have a couple of questions.

1)Is it possible to advance in the campaign if you lose a battle?
2)Is there some score keeping so that when you finish the campaign you get a score and stats to compare them with other efforts?
Plato was right.
Slitherine for 4X in space!
ste

Post by ste »

1. Nah, you have to win, otherwise you would be changing the course of history.

2. You get Denari and Fame, which you use to heal and level up your troops, I guess you could compare the levels of your troops with other players, or even the about of denari or fame you have left over at the end of the game.

Hope this helps :D
efthimios

Post by efthimios »

Thanks for the reply. :)

Would it be too late to implement a very basic Score Table? I think it would really add to the game. :?

Oh well, I will get the game anyway.
Plato was right.
ste

Post by ste »

I think its too late, i know Iain and Phil had some many great ideas wanted to add, its just time. Hopefully some of the ideas might see the light of day on a patch or something.
pyros
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by pyros »

efthimios wrote:Thanks for the reply. :)

Would it be too late to implement a very basic Score Table? I think it would really add to the game. :?

Oh well, I will get the game anyway.
The level of victory is related withthe amount of fame at the end of the campaign.

The fame is used to cover the casualties and the better your performance the less casualties you receive and the more fame you have at the end of the campaign.

ante geia,

p.s pire ton Mateus o PAOK? LOL
p.s Ante na parei ton Ntousan kai h Panatha!!!!
"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"
miki
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by miki »

Hi Pyros,

Are you the same Pyros from winSpmbt shrapnel forums?
Saludos
Miki
pyros

Post by pyros »

Hi Miki,

Yes I am Pyros :wink:

Nice to see you around

What do you think about a mod of SP:Ancient times ?? :D

cheers,
Pyros
"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

As Pyros said, Fame is equivalent to score. Every time you win a battle you win fame. This is used to replace casualties you receive in battle. Take more casualties and you'll use up more fame, reducing your score. Combined with this is the difficulty level - the harder teh settig you play on, the more fame you'll win for a scenario. It costs more fame to replace cavalry than infantry, but elite troops & elephtants are the most expensive.

The idea is that at the end of the campaign you can compare your score with others and see who did best. You can also replay and try to bet your previous score.
pyros

Post by pyros »

If I may add,

Also Denarii (gold) counts to the direction of scoring.

This is because if you compare an army that cost 15,000 denarii with an army that cost 25,000 denarii then even if the later has gathered more fame than the former, this won't necessary mean that the second player is better that the first.
So IMO it would be better to compare the results by taking into consideration both the Denarii and Fame levels (only if the denarii reserves are almost equal you can't make comparison).

Cheers,
Pyros
"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Denari is intended to be spent, not really used as a score :) If you have some left then try playing on a harder setting. Unless we come up with a conversion rate for denari to fame it would be hard to include this in a comparison. I'd just spend the denari on loads of cool equipment and see how high you can get your fame! As far as we're concerned unspent denari counts for nothing, so you'd be better spending it and reducing your casualties & improving your fame.

If you want to handicap yourself its up to you, but I like buying cool stuff ;)
efthimios

Post by efthimios »

Perhaps I am not making myself clear. I mean something like a high score table to see how you (or others) have done in the past. Like Civilization or even like every old school shoot em up game. :? Even if it is with "fame". I think it would add to the game.
Plato was right.
pyros

Post by pyros »

I guess this could happen manually if anyone (interested) sent his last savegame to Slitherine in order to keep a score table...

p.s protathlima sot podosfairo, sto basket kai th Eurovision!!!!
"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its possible, but unless we get saved games submitted to us it would be hard to prevent cheating. Even then, someone may have hacked the data to make the game easier & that would be even harder to verify. I agree it would be good, but it would only work if nobody cheated and unfortunately that far too often isn't the case. We could certainly help support you guys if you wanted to set something up, maybe a thread or a web page. We wouldn't be able to police it though, that would have to be down to you guys.
efthimios

Post by efthimios »

I don't think I would have the time for that. What about a single player only scoreboard like in Civilization/Pirates! then? So, if you do cheat, you only cheat on yourself. I understand that it is too late, but then again I doubt it would take that much time to implement. Perhaps in the expansion pack. :D
Plato was right.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Ahh I see what you mean. Yes' its too late for now, but something for the future maybe :)
honvedseg
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

High scores

Post by honvedseg »

It would be helpful to have a few posted scores from reliable sources, just to give some idea of how you were doing compared to the other players.

I remember an old game of Close Combat (I) where the object was to beat a historical "deadline". Finishing before the deadline was a good thing if you were playing Allies, a bad thing if Axis, and the reverse for falling behind the deadline. I managed to drag the game out (as an Axis player) until the timeline hit the end of the screen, which seemed like quite an accomplishment at the time. Problem is, I never knew if that was anything exceptional or not.
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

How to install the Collector´s Edition content

Post by Gunja »

Hi,

today I purchased the CE of Sengoku Jidai and tried to install the two compaings. As I understand it, I don`t have to actually install them but to enter the serial number and by this activating them right? Well, I tried this and it told me, that the number is not valid. Isn´t the serial key, you get with your purchase the only number? Is there any other serial that I somehow missed?

Regards

Gunja

Return to “Legion Arena & CoM”