Missing Text

PC/MAC : A belnd of role playing game and RTS following the story of the mighty Roman Empire.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

morgwin
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Missing Text

Post by morgwin »

Hi,

LA seems to work fine apart from some text is missing. for example if i put my mouse cursor over the options buttion a text box appears with no text inside it. Im using Windows 7 64bit, Nvidia 9500GT with the latest drivers.

Any help is appreciated

[/img]
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Hmm - we've had issues with nVidia drivers recently with text display. It might be something to do with that - although under Vista the problems showed up as the game being unplayable!

Hopefully it is still playable?

Cheers

Pip
morgwin

Post by morgwin »

Its playable but its hard to know what each tab does without the information box.
saltjunkie
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Missing Text

Post by saltjunkie »

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find an answer? THanks for the help. :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I was not able to reproduce your issue. But I suspect that's related with the localization strings.
Try the following:
Open the folder where you have installed the game and locate a folder named "data". Rename files "Localisation_1.txt" and "lang_1.str" to "Localisation_1.txt.old" and "lang_1.str.old".
Download the zip file attached in this message and unzip it. Copy the unzipped files, "Localisation_1.txt" and "lang_1.str", to "data" folder.
Attachments
LegionArena_Loca.zip
(161.49 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
saltjunkie

Post by saltjunkie »

VPaulus wrote:I was not able to reproduce your issue. But I suspect that's related with the localization strings.
Try the following:
Open the folder where you have installed the game and locate a folder named "data". Rename files "Localisation_1.txt" and "lang_1.str" to "Localisation_1.txt.old" and "lang_1.str.old".
Download the zip file attached in this message and unzip it. Copy the unzipped files, "Localisation_1.txt" and "lang_1.str", to "data" folder.
Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try, but first I have to fix my crashing issue.
saltjunkie

Post by saltjunkie »

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately, when I tried your suggestion, it didn't work. FYI, the "Localisation_1.txt", was named "Localisation.txt." I'm not sure if this matters, though. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for your help.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry, I don't have any more suggestions. Like I have told you I was not able to reproduce the issue. :(
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's almost certainly a driver issue. Unfortunately nVidia broke their drivers a while back and have not fixed them despite a bug-report from us years ago. You could try tinkering with your nVidia control panel settings (try disabling anything that alters the texture quality or filtering).

Sorry I can't offer anything more concrete.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
PaulMartins

Post by PaulMartins »

Hello everyone,

I'm having the same problem here, in my former PC everything worked fine. But in my new one (W7 64bits with the latests nVidia drivers) there are some texts unshown, you can see the empty box where is supposed to be text, but there's nothing. It doesn't affect every single text, just some particular ones: e.g type of terrain, ammo left...

The weird thing is that I initially installed LA and this didn't happened, the texts could be read but they were intermittent, like half of a second it was invisible and the other half it wasn't. But the problem came when I installed CoM, as I have described before. I've unistalled both of them to install just LA, I've erased all the data of both games to just install LA, etc...but the problem is still there. Now the missing text happens in both games.

I've tried what you posted (downloading the .zip and doing everything step by step) but it didn't work.

Thank you very much for your concern and cheers to all of the development team, this game's great.
Aleksandr
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Aleksandr »

Texts do not show on my PC but everything is ok on my notebook.
I got an old CD version on notebook, and I just downloaded an electronic version for the PC.
So it's either gpu issue, or maybe somethig went wrong during the last patch.
Aleksandr
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Aleksandr »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:31 pm It's almost certainly a driver issue. Unfortunately nVidia broke their drivers a while back and have not fixed them despite a bug-report from us years ago. You could try tinkering with your nVidia control panel settings (try disabling anything that alters the texture quality or filtering).

Sorry I can't offer anything more concrete.

Cheers

Pip
Hello Pip!

I still got an issue with missing tooltip, and I'm really frustrated with this. It does not seem to have an easy solution, but I may have found a workaround, but as long as my PC doesn't have a CD, it's kinda academic. (Otherwise I'd just install the old CD version on my PC). Is it possible to either get the old patch, or may I move some files from the old CD installation to the new folder, hopefully overwriting the problematic file?

Cheers!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's not (I don't think) an issue with the patch, but with the different configs between the machines.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Legion Arena & CoM”