Rankings, Unity 5, and 1.60 Public Beta!

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Rankings, Unity 5, and 1.60 Public Beta!

Post by Tamas »

Hi Everyone,

The Heroes of Normandie team has been tackling a task that turned out to be quite large: updating the game to Unity 5!

Why was this necessary? The game's ranking system uses a 3rd party server provider, which is closing down on the 29th of January.
The guys have found a replacement service some time ago, but after a lot of attempts, they had to realise this new service is not going to work together with Unity 4.

So they have worked on updating the game, and correcting the number of (mostly graphical) issues and glitches that are quite normal during such a process, trying to get it all doen for you before the old rankings server would go offline.

We believe they have managed to do that, however, since this is a rather big change, we want to ask your help to test it, before making it live.

You can install version 1.6 (we can call it the Unity 5 update!) as a public beta via Steam.

Go to your Steam Library, right-click on Heroes of Normandie, select Properties. In the new window, switch to the "Betas" tab, and in the drop down menu select "Public Beta".
After this, the update will be downloaded.

A few things to note:

-The public beta uses the multiplayer test server for multiplayer games, not the live one, so if you have any ongoing games, keep with the regular build.

-The regular build of the game will lose connection to the Rankings table on the 29th of January. You will still be able to play the game, even in multiplayer, but your scores will not be uploaded to the rankings database until either you install the public beta, or we roll out the update as the official build, early next week.

If you have the game on iOS: we will roll out the update there as soon as possible, which means sometimes during next week. In the meantime you will lose access to the rankings table, but the game will remain usable as normal.

Thank you all for your help with testing, and apologies for any incoveniences this change of servers might cause.

As a kind of little bonus/surprise, the public beta 1.60 update contains the code for utilising our multiplayer server's in-built tournament feature!
We will probably ask you to participate in a test of it very soon, before launching a proper Heroes of Normandie tournament!
CptAlatriste
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Rankings, Unity 5, and 1.60 Public Beta!

Post by CptAlatriste »

Why do I have to "win" again my Hereos? ( I did it already twice....Little be bit boring.. :(
AND...
Why must I buy again my Rangers und the 21Pz?

PS (the magnet bombs does still bug the game...) :( :(

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”