New Units

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
CptAlatriste
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

New Units

Post by CptAlatriste »

It is possible to have a Idea what`s coming and when?... :D
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: New Units

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Yes, this game desperately needs additional unit choices! The board game has SO MUCH variety in formations and options that is sorely missed. Most of my purchased forces are starting to look more and more the same (particularly since there is no 'transport' ability which effectively takes out Halftracks as desirable choice).

I would think that with few exception, this should be fairly easy to add to the game.

It could breathe some new life into the game to add a few more of the 'punch tiles' from each side (US Weapon Plt, US Armored Recon, US Armored, any of the SS, or the additional Recon and Panzer options for the Germans).

I very much enjoy the mechanics of the game (even more so with the cards!) but the very limited force pool is making it seem pretty samey now.
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi CptAlatriste and uncle_joe!

Yes, we feel too that the game needs some new life right now. Fortunately, now that the card update is sorted out, it's much easier to focus on DLC.

That's why we're developing a new DLC in parallel with working to the iOs version. (And it's almost ready! :))

The upcoming DLC will add several powerful new units for the German Army and some new game mechanics (like firing arc).

We also planned a new bigger DLC to be released after the iOs version. For that, we will include new units, new maps, new campaigns and mechanics (and yes: Artillery Cards, too!). I hope I can give you more info soon about it :)

---

PS: We published a long topic on the steam forum about our short term plans for HoN, but you probably already read it :D.
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

Hello Rob,
yes I did...:D
You must balance the Game...
Rangers can really make the way...
Observer would be a good deal in both camp, when German got a mortar.... :)
Firing arc... :D PAK???? FLAK?? YES!!! :D
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Uncle_Joe »

This sounds great. I'm glad the game is continuing to be supported.

Any idea on when/if 'Transport' will be added?

CatAlatriste: the Firing Arc could also be on the StuG-IV (which also had overwatch IIRC).
bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by bcnkor5 »

yes, more units
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

@uncle_joe: Together with Artillery Cards and the Machine Gun ability, transport is probably the most requested feature. Currently our plans are:

1) German Expansion (firing arc, another couple of new mechanics... I have to keep the mystery but I can say that someone here has named at least one unit that WILL be there :D)
2) Artillery Cards
3) iOs version

This is a lot to work on, so we can't afford to put in a feature as critical as transport, right now. BUT I'm personally very inclined to add it.

When the iOs version is released, we will definitely consider it (i.e: I will try to convince the rest of the team that it's absolutely top-priority to put it in :D).

When the time will come (early July), I promise I will do a survey on this forum, so that you can all participate by showing how happy you would be with a universe with transport in it. (That should do it).

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”