newbie with troubles

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Kayel Dee
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

newbie with troubles

Post by Kayel Dee »

is anyone else having trouble understanding the mechanics of this game, like i am? if you think you can help me, IM me...please
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: newbie with troubles

Post by zakblood »

ask here, and some one will always answer if question is known
Kayel Dee

Post by Kayel Dee »

i cant make anything happen..ive dragged the order 'cards' onto the respective units and ive had a modicum of success with the infantry units but i can get anything done with halftrack. ive give it a orders number without a problem but whenever i try to move it,it does a 180 sometimes and it doesnt move af at all, plus i cant figure out how make it fire at any unit at all...id really like to learn howto play, i dont have $21 to blowlike i did with blitzkreig 1940
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

have you done the tutorial?

read the manual?

watched a twitch feed of the game? or other online feed etc?

then progress onto the single player campaigns, then rouge, then cards which atm are still in beta
Kayel Dee

Post by Kayel Dee »

allow me to address your questions 1 at a time
ave you done the tutorial?
I'm in the tutorial and it is here that i'm stuck,,,,its in the activation phase of the 3rd/4 and im stuck at the half track...whenever i can get the damn thing to move, it always spins and leaves the front 180 degrees from the direction i want.
read the manual?
the manual will do me little good, i have no retention of the written word...i had a stroke a few years back and thats one of the many things i lost.
watched a twitch feed of the game? or other online feed etc?
whats a twitch feed?
then progress onto the single player campaigns, then rouge, then cards which atm are still in beta
until i finish the tutorial, im not going to try anything moe advanced
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the half track once selected can move and be placed in any of the 8 directions / facing, so once dropped it then has to be placed facing the way you wish it to be, as it doesn't have a turret only a gun it matters less than a tank does but it's still always better to face it forward than have it's rear face the other side, a tank should always be placed with it most armour forward so it gets a better protection bonus from forward facing.

anything else?
1.jpg
1.jpg (447.85 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
light tank with an order
1.jpg
1.jpg (346.69 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
select light tank and drag it to where you wish to place it then drop it, and sort facing
1.jpg
1.jpg (519.87 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
letters at the back mean that is the back of the tank, so the front is now facing forward, towards the other side

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”