Rangers DLC - How to Activate?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
kverdon
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Rangers DLC - How to Activate?

Post by kverdon »

Getting tired of these bugs.....

I purchased the Rangers DLC from the Slitherine Store. I received a new serial number and a link to download v1.21 which I did. When I ran the download it said I was already updated to v1.21. It opened a box to enter my serial number and I pasted in the number I had copied from the email I was sent. I was given a message that that code was invalid. I then tried to activate it within the game by going to Skirmish mode and attempting to select the "Heavy Gunner" Ranger. It then took me to another screen that had the option to "Buy" or "Activate". However the mouse cursor is stick in the center of the screen. It will not allow me to select "Buy" or "Activate", any movement of the mouse causes it to snap back to the center of the screen. The only way out is to close the program from the task bar. This looks like an entertaining game but I'm getting quickly frustrated with all the bugs I keep encountering.

Can you PLEASE tell me how to activate the DLC I purchased?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Rangers DLC - How to Activate?

Post by zakblood »

Verify Integrity of Game Cache
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

then retry, on the start select the ranger s/n when you try and load the game, then it works, as now you will have 2 s/n at the start
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Ok, but how do I do this if I purchased the game directly from Slitherine and not Steam?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

kverdon

Post by kverdon »

I believe you are missing my point here. I have already purchased the Rangers DLC, I just need to activate it. Please re-read what I posted above.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

once bought, there is no need to activate it, just load the one with the correct DLC serial number, as you should have both? one s/n for game, one for the dlc?

or that how it works on the steam version, so for a guess as i haven't both loaded, it should be the same for the site version.

when it downloaded, after you bought it, you installed it to your default game location? and it made a new desktop shortcut?

if this information doesn't work for you, please contact staff support

who maybe able to give a better more correct answer to your question on how it works or explain it better

please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk

sorry about that
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

Well I contacted Slitherine support who just told me to click on the "Activate" button from the Store screen WHICH OF COURSE I CANNOT DO!! There does not seem to be anyway to activate the Rangers DLC if you did not purchase the game from Steam. I am running this on Windows 10 if it makes a difference.

VERY frustrated right now....
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

It isn't very obvious. Somewhere (to the left) on one of the opening screens, there is small grey (as I remember) "button" only it ain't a button. Hope that helps you.
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, kverdon!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having. I tried to contact you via PM a couple of days ago but you probably didn't see it.

The problem you're experiencing in the Store screen is caused by additional controllers blocking the mouse input. Do you have any joystick/joypad? Try to remove them before starting the game.
It's a bug present only in that scene, and we're going to fix it as soon as the beta is over (which is going to be very soon). We already fixed it in the steam version.

Anyway, I made this DLC Activator application to allow you to activate the Rangers DLC externally. Just unzip the file, run the .exe, and insert your code. If it's correct, the product will be activated.

Let me know if this fixes it.
kverdon

Post by kverdon »

VisualRob, THANK YOU!!!!!

Indeed, I have a Joystick, Throttle and Rudder Pedals installed and active. Your DLCActivator program did the trick, I was able to use it to activate the Rangers DLC. Sorry to have missed your email, I looked back for it but could not find it. It may have gotten snapped up by the spam filter.

thanks for your help,

Kevin
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, Kevin!

I'm glad that my Activator solved the problem.
I hope that now you can finally enjoy the game without any further frustration (in case, just write here and I'll do my best to solve it).

Also, we're going to and the beta end release v. 1.40 of the game VERY soon, switching from 1.21 to 1.40 means you'll find a lot of new stuff: including the Action Cards, a lot of new features, bugfixes and improvements.

Have fun!
Roberto
yg69400
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by yg69400 »

A new campaign, (rangers of course !) is it conceivable in the new version of the game ?
thanks

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”