Foxhole (Bug)

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
CptAlatriste
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Foxhole (Bug)

Post by CptAlatriste »

At least foxhole in the last 2 games dont give the +2 against MORTAR! ???

Second chance didn`t work too the last two games...

About the GHOST game...I think it is just a (Bad) timing problem...When you are playing more than one game at one time...You are in a game let say "Alone at home" expecting the turn of your opponent....Suddenly you see the arrow on the upper left side changing the number.....JUST NOW! when you click on the arrow to change the game (Play an another partie "Assault"), the actually game "Alone at home" give you back your turn...And PAFF!! That s happen.....I`m sure it s a few seconds problem..Just a bad timing...

(I hope you understand me :) )
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Re: Foxhole (Bug)

Post by visualrob »

I`m sure it s a few seconds problem..Just a bad timing...
Yeah, it definitely makes sense, and it's an error on our part (multithreading client issue).

I'll try to replicate it and fix it, maybe simply introducing some delay between the loading of the selected game and the saving of the current one.
Second chance didn`t work too the last two games...
It didn't give you a veteran? I'll check this out.

---

Please, explain the Foxhole issue in more detail :(
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

Foxhole: You have a +2 modifier (Defend) in a foxhole against every thing. In Assault I place many of them....They do give no defend bonus against MORTAR shot! A infantry with defend 4 and the +2 from foxhole is as a end defense from "6"...The mortar have a +1 need a "5" for a tie and a "6" to hit Without the +2 from Foxhole he will still need a +4,5,6 to hit!! But the system give the Mortar a 100% to hit!!! 1 2 3 4 5 6 are green and the Target,,,That`s new.....Against direct Fire and CC works the Foxhole correctly...
radar231
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by radar231 »

Ref the rules from the boardgame about defensive position, here for foxholes that give + 2 protection: the only time that there is no extra protection, with grenade / mortar :!: / rifle grenade, is when an unit is adjacent to the foxhole and throw in a grenade etc.

But it is not the case in PC games. Here with the mortar, blast patern of + 3 against infantry ( which has a basic defensive value of 4 , of 6 in a foxhole ), when the lucky shot from a mortar hit :shock: , it is against the defensive value of 4 :twisted: , not 6 has it should be, so a mortar hit against an infantry unit in a foxhole is an automatic hit :?: ( blast patern of 3 plus minimum roll of an 1 one the die = 4 => automatic hit, just like if the unit was in open terrain, no protection :( .

And if you roll a 5+ on the die plus the +3 from the blast patern, this is double the defensive value of 4 of the infantry unit which is an automatc kill / elimination of the unit = gone / kaput in one shot :?

When this bug will be fixe, the game will be better still. Cheers

J. 8)

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”