BUGS and Cards

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
CptAlatriste
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

BUGS and Cards

Post by CptAlatriste »

Hello,
3 games with RADAR231..3 games I cannot give the turn back!!
Heroes died alone, House on the river and Mc Guffin!!!
I had to start 3 times each game...Nothing happens!!
N.

PS: (and Sigfried has "2" life and always start on the wrong side) :(
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: BUGS and Cards

Post by zakblood »

please use the report button ctr+r for any reports on bugs from the cards thanks

as there WIP work in progress so any report will lead to that error being seen and fixed, thanks
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

I did it, more as one time.. :D For the house an the river, I cannot send a report.. :(
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes doesn't always work for me either but i try when i can, thanks
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, CptAlatriste!

We analyzed your report and found a bug in the Wreck Destruction action that we introduced with the cards. We fixed it and you'll be able to play your game as soon as we release the next patch (we have a number corrections/features to put in, so it will be soon).

Thanks for helping us!
Do you like the new cards system?
radar231
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by radar231 »

Hi,

Ref the card that says : Move back your full movement points when you get a suppress marker.

Well, sometimes the unit doesn't have enough space to move back all its movement pts and it move forward all its movement pts instead., that doesn't help.

Either make it lose a step ( might die ) or get a suppress marker for each step not fulfilled or something like that. Pls don't make it move forward.

If that unit moves 4 and has an order marker, you make it moves torward you 4 spaces and then it can moves 2 more or fire at you. In the game board rules, a unit that can't fulfill the text on the card loses a step or is eliminated.

J. 8)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i think the cards are really good, but tbh there's so many i haven't seen maybe only a small % of them as yet in use, and still playing on corporal level of difficulty i've yet to see the other side even use them in custom maps, as mentioned already, but as yet not seen a reply, unless i've haven't spotted it as yet.

cards work in rogue for both sides on corporal, and all other missions inc skirmish, but not in custom battles so think something is a miss there
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi zakblood,

yes, you're right. There's something strange with the custom maps / cards mix. I'll try to fix it. I'll post any follow up here.

Thanks for your help :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

well it's a big step from the closed beta and a massive leap from the standard game so all in all thanks for the chance to test anyway, hope you get the results and rewards you deserve :wink:

200+ hours site version and then steam
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 5065 times
and more than enjoy every moment of it 8)
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Hi, radar231!

I'm trying to understand the problem you're experiencing. Are you talking about the "Driven Back" card?

If I get it correctly, you're saying that instead of moving back the vehicle moved forward because it had no squares behind it? Do you remember in which mission it happened?
Last edited by visualrob on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

well it's a big step from the closed beta and a massive leap from the standard game so all in all thanks for the chance to test anyway, hope you get the results and rewards you deserve :wink:
Thank you, zak :) It really was a lot of work (there are a lot of cards and their effects can combine in really mind boggling ways), but I have to admit that it improved the game much more than I originally thought. :roll:

I really hope that the players will enjoy it too.
200+ hours site version and then steam
*Bows and kowtows in admiration*
Last edited by visualrob on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

only my normal amount of testing tbh, 200hrs is normal for most beta's from me, above that is for really good and special games, which this is one of them, not bad from a none game player tbh, but i do like me testing :roll: :wink:

i think they will, but i'm never sure as while some seems to know what is involved in the making and design, others do not and care less, so fingers crossed
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

I love the cards. :D :D :D ..They make the game pretty tricky..
The Veteran card? Why dont you write in it.." You have a new dice roll"?? Will be easier to understand.
I will change One thing, The way you present the card in the game...I think it will be better when you make a row of cards as a "square" with 4 cards.
I cant expect the Ari and Planes Cards.. :D
Not with the cards but a 3 month old BUG! :" Sigfried has 2 life and always start on the wrong side" (FIX IT, Please)
Will present me for every beta..I have the ALL Board game...(Ink. the funny " Avenger " heroes)
radar231

Post by radar231 »

visualrob wrote:Hi, radar231!

I'm trying to understand the problem you're experiencing. Are you talking about the "Driven Back" card?

If I get it correctly, you're saying that instead of moving back the vehicle moved forward because it had no squares behind it? Do you remember in which mission it happened?
Yes, the '' Driven Back '' card. The mission was '' Where heroes Dare ''. I was playing the Ge and fired my MG, with that card, as suppress fire against, let's say Pepper ( infantry guy ), who was in a hedgerow, so it has only 3 spaces before hitting the back row of the '' board '' but its movement value being 4 it moves forward instead. Nasty move I would say. Of course now that I know that, I will make sure not to play that card if there is not enough room for the enemy unit to back of to.

And an other bug is about the Rangers units, their movements value should be 4 on all units, not only the recces and officers but support and fire teams too. In the Wiki it shows 4 on all units but in game play it goes back to 3 for support and fire teams. And I don't recall if there was a fix for the Ranger recce to roll two dice now ( in attacking and defending ), used to be one before.

Love the cards. I understand you had to make some compromises but its works fine so far. Cheers

J. 8)
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

The way you present the card in the game...I think it will be better when you make a row of cards as a "square" with 4 cards.
You mean in the screen in which you discard the cards?
I cant expect the Ari and Planes Cards.. :D
We're working on that right now ;)
Sigfried has 2 life and always start on the wrong side" (FIX IT, Please)
FIXED IT! :D (Thanks!)
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

Nasty move I would say.
Absolutely, and it should NOT happen. Using the extensive information you provided, it should be easy to reproduce the issue, now.
And an other bug is about the Rangers units, their movements value should be 4 on all units, not only the recces and officers but support and fire teams too. In the Wiki it shows 4 on all units but in game play it goes back to 3 for support and fire teams. And I don't recall if there was a fix for the Ranger recce to roll two dice now ( in attacking and defending ), used to be one before.
Fixed it!

Thank you so much for your help.

Roberto
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

@visualrob "You mean in the screen in which you discard the cards?" YES! :D

About Rangers!! They all have "Knife" (2 dice in "ALL" CC ) but the Recce only roll "ONE" when they defend!

Which Cards do I miss from the ground board game :

MINE // OPPORTUNISTIC FIRE // DYNAMIC // GO GO GO (SCHNELL) // DON`T STOP! // RAM //RELAY //HIT AND RUN // HIGH COMMAND // BODDY TRAPPED
visualrob
Heroes of Normandie
Heroes of Normandie

Post by visualrob »

About Rangers!! They all have "Knife" (2 dice in "ALL" CC ) but the Recce only roll "ONE" when they defend!
I changed it in our main repository online. Can you check if the Recon Unit is now ok for you too, now (obviously, in 1.34)? It should have Assault +1 like the others (and attack/defend with 2 dice).
MINE // OPPORTUNISTIC FIRE // DYNAMIC // GO GO GO (SCHNELL) // DON`T STOP! // RAM //RELAY //HIT AND RUN // HIGH COMMAND // BODDY TRAPPED
Sooo... basically all the remaining cards except HITLERJUGEND :p

The 3 cards you miss the most?
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

I will test Sunday....Now go the TACTICA in Hamburg!! :D
Opportunistic Fire, High Command, Mine (Three bad Cards :D :twisted: :twisted: )
CptAlatriste

Post by CptAlatriste »

Rangers Recce have now 2 dices in CC Attack and Defend.. :D Good Job, Rob! :)

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”