Live game

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Waltero
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Live game

Post by Waltero »

Any chance this game might go live? I inadvertently redid a move in two of my games, where I had two kills becoming misses.

Allowing players a chance to do there turn over (for what ever reason) is a bad idea, it does not work.
The game (multiplayer) is askew.

P.S. I know you do not 'allow' such behavior; you have no way of regulating such activities.
Uncle_Joe
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Live game

Post by Uncle_Joe »

Yes, I'm hoping that live play will eventually make it's way into the game. I would like to see an option to play it as the board game is played in 'real time' with Op Fire and card play back and forth.

I'm not seeing how the card play is going to work with the current 'PBEM' system without greatly restricting or removing cards.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

From the rule book:
Note: The game will tell you when your opponent is online and ready to challenge you in simultaneous gameplay. This makes it easier to conduct multiplayer matches with people on the other side of the world.

Multiplayer games play semi-simultaneously – both players are in game at the same time, but only one player is moving at any one time. The m e s s a g e s at the top of the screen will keep you well informed of who is supposed to be moving.

Similar to single player games, multiplayer games are still turn based, and players activate their units in succession based on initiative – the second player has to wait for the first player to execute his actions and press ‘Proceed’. For instance, if the Germans have the initiative for the turn, the German player will issue his orders for the turn, before the American player sees a quick animation of who has been activated and then issues a series of orders, which the Germans see in the same way. Just like Single Player Games, Bluffs are indistinguishable from true orders.

The Activation and Supply Phases play out in a similar manner to the Orders Phase, with the delayed simultaneous movement.

Note that it is possible to quit the multiplayer mode and return later, seeing all the damage that your opponent did to your unit while you were away. If you aren’t there, your opponent will not be able to progress any further in the mission due to you not making your next move, and so we recommend that you play out multiplayer games in one session to reduce the risk of games ending prematurely.
My friend and I have been meaning to test this out but if this is implemented as explained, and Ian indicated it was since this feature was causing problems with the patch, then all you and your opponent need to do is be online simultaneously. What I'm curious about is if you can chat in game while both of you are live?

Regarding making the game similar to the board game with cards and Orders placement, I would think whatever they implement would have to work in the PBEM++ setting and not just in the Live mode.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

you can leave comments to each other when you have played your turn, it's fast if you are both on line at the same time, as one goes then the other until one wins, can take 20 mins to an hour depending on map, but also can takes weeks if ones not on much so pick your partner carefully so as to make sure they are on at the same time and time zone as you
Waltero

Post by Waltero »

uncle_joe wrote:Yes, I'm hoping that live play will eventually make it's way into the game. I would like to see an option to play it as the board game is played in 'real time' with Op Fire and card play back and forth.

I'm not seeing how the card play is going to work with the current 'PBEM' system without greatly restricting or removing cards.
What ever happened to TCIP (live play)? This games needs something in preventing others from reloading a bad move. :cry:
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

The Slitherine PBEM++ server tracks the number of times a turn is repeatedly downloaded and flags the player if it is suspicious. Someone from Slitherine can confirm this but I believe they can be banned from multiplayer.

Now is it possible to get away with it sure but repeat offenders are more likely to get caught.

This is why if you play in the semi-simultaneously you are both in the game awaiting your opponent's turn and I think downloading again isn't an option but I'm not 100% sure.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

correct ^^
Waltero

Post by Waltero »

IronFist wrote:The Slitherine PBEM++ server tracks the number of times a turn is repeatedly downloaded and flags the player if it is suspicious. Someone from Slitherine can confirm this but I believe they can be banned from multiplayer.

Now is it possible to get away with it sure but repeat offenders are more likely to get caught.

This is why if you play in the semi-simultaneously you are both in the game awaiting your opponent's turn and I think downloading again isn't an option but I'm not 100% sure.

Re-loading a turn is always an option players will use in order to turn a miss into a hit...either that or throw your mouse at the monitor!

Why not have an option that allows a firer to score a hit with every shot?
I have over 40 games going right now and only one of them have been what I would call live.
A players turn should be instantaneous, why is it not? I suppose that accounts for the lack (non-existence) of open games on the multiplayer forum.
I think HoN should do away with all points, medals, rank, scoring when it comes to multiplayer games, this way there would be no reason for players to reload...do it now while the game is new.

Nobody cares about a players points except the player who collects the points for himself...A player points belong to him and him alone...enjoy.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”