Combat results speed slowed down?

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Combat results speed slowed down?

Post by FroBodine »

I remember reading in the beta forums that the combat and results sped by so fast on the screen that it was very difficult to follow what was going on.

Has this been addressed in the final version of the game, please?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Combat results speed slowed down?

Post by IainMcNeil »

There were many many adjustments made so its hard to say if it was changed after that post was made but the lets plays will show you see exactly how fast it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzj6BaGmH1I
SSLConf_Yolo911
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

I had intended to buy the game but I followed your advice and went to that youtube video demonstration. If you are going to have someone explain tht game, why didn't you pick someone who speaks English without an accent. I couldn't understand a f***ing word he said.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

That's odd. I'm a senior who is hard of hearing and had no problem understanding either person. Usually I have trouble with accents like watching some BBC programs but not with this video. I also have problems with Americans who don't speak clearly.
SSLConf_Yolo911

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

I'm a senior also. But I couldn't decipher what he was saying . I went to Twitch demo and I could understand him but he pretty much just played the game and I was hoping for a more comprehensive explanation of all the game mechanics.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the twitch feed player is Dutch, the site also uses a French speaking presenter, Surtur speaks better English than i speak either of the other languages and tbh is as clear as a bell when speaking, we all have accents of one kind or another with some worse than others.

i'd make a guess if the one's who complain were doing it, there would be as many who couldn't understand it as if i was doing it, as i have a very broad accent from where i live...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I think in that video it is the designer and developer Simone (who is Italian)! I understood everything but I work with a lot of nationalities so maybe I'm just used to accents. The vast majority of developers are from mainland Europe and English is not their first language. Not that many in UK and US any more.

We had a live stream last night that you might find easier to understand by Bart who is Dutch but speaks better English than me :)

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac57p2crVkE

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btIk959bjkU
WAGinWNY
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by WAGinWNY »

I agree that the combat results fly by much too quickly, and/or just don't provide enough information. Please enhance that portion of the sequences.

Thank you,

-- WAGinWNY
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Maybe a slider to adjust the time would be a good idea.

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”