Multi-Player Question / Explanation

Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find!
Rikolus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Multi-Player Question / Explanation

Post by Rikolus »

The game looks good. I don't often enjoy games whose difficulty level is so high as to cause one to pull his hair out (as one of the reviewers wrote....). But am considering this title.

And if I get HoN, it will be more for the Multi-Player aspect. I have looked at the website and some reviews but have found almost no specifics about M/P.
So, if someone who has played can give some details, that would be great. I believe this is NOT a PBEM system, correct? I assume you are both online the entire time, as though sitting across the table from each other? So I must wait for opponent to finish his turn before starting mine? Are turns typically long? Is it IGoYGo format? Does it get boring waiting for opponent's move?
Also, can one SAVE game in multi-player mode, to finish later?

Any answers or additional information about multi-player, is appreciated..... Thanks!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Multi-Player Question / Explanation

Post by zakblood »

it's not hard, i was that reviewer, the hair pulling was a joke as it's always hard to finishing anything straight way or it would be a waste etc, so while it's not that easy you will finish it in the day, it's not that hard either than you won't be able to do most if not all of it over time

same as any game tbh

edited, you can have as many online games open as you like, i've had 8 on at one time, no idea if there's a limit or not tbh

while for me it's better if you pick someone you know so can play at the same time, sometimes that's not possible so as with all online games, you need to wait for the other player to play first, like all of them so is no different either

all online games are saved auto for you to play at any time.

online matches for me have gone on for as short as half an hour to a couple of days when the other player had work commitment etc
Last edited by zakblood on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

There is a huge amount of single player content. 6 campaigns of 6 missions, 2 rogue campaigns and a skirmish mode. Then multiplayer on top.

Multiplayer is head to head or asynchronous so you can choose how to play. Its the best implementation I've seen so the team did a great job. Well worth checking out!
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

zakblood_slith wrote:
... i've had 8 on at one time, ...
Zak plays MP :shock: ... can there be a higher recommendation? :wink:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

testing m8 only, you know me too well 8) :shock: :roll: :wink:

i'd have a match with you though any time, mind you i'm useless so you have to give me a chance :wink:
Rikolus

Post by Rikolus »

Thanks guys. I have several friends who I wargame with so wanted more information about it's suitability. Sounds good....
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

live match feed any time soon so come and watch it first and then make your mind up :wink:
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

Brenmusik wrote:
zakblood_slith wrote:
... i've had 8 on at one time, ...
Zak plays MP :shock: ... can there be a higher recommendation? :wink:
Yep...and does pretty good at it also.

Turn up some games and I'll pick them up, password with my forum name. :mrgreen:
Ranger33
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ranger33 »

Are there only 4 multiplayer scenarios or am I missing something? Seems odd to have such a well fleshed out AI skirmish mode with 12 different maps but only 4 maps for multiplayer, only two of which allow you to select your forces. The scenario list is titled Official Scenarios, implying that unofficial ones could/do/will exist. They all also have some kind of specific objective, no straight up fights to the death available. The Steam features list states that Quick Battles can be played in single player or multiplayer, but what is presented in the game doesn't really match up.

I see on the main menu that the Editor is "Coming Soon", is that going to be a free update? It isn't mentioned anywhere in the features list, but seems like the sort of thing that would be included in this kind of game.

Are these two questions tied together, with the answer being that a nice juicy update is on the way to finish up a game that you needed to get out the door? :wink:

Return to “Heroes of Normandie”