cardani sunsouls

Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion is a turn-based wargame, where strategic troop placement is essential to succeed. Battles employ a dynamic “we-go” system where the actions of allies and enemies unfold in a simultaneous battle phase. As a result, commanders in Ravenmark are forced to think ahead, anticipating all movements of their enemies instead of just reacting to them.
robjw
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

cardani sunsouls

Post by robjw »

I am playing Ravenmark for the first time. I have won all battles up ch 9, the one where you defend the landing stage where the ships are moored. But have lost both times so far. Has anyone got any tips as to how best to deal with those tiresome Cardani Sunsouls ( suicide bombers ) ? The big problems is there are just so many of them ! Any help appreciated.
robjw

Re: cardani sunsouls

Post by robjw »

I am totally fed up with this game. I cannot win this particular battle and as far as I can see I am not able to move onto the next one until I have won it. This means that the vast majority of the game is unavailable to me. So a bit of a waste of money and time. Surely there should be an option which lets you skip a battle if you wish.
robjw

Re: cardani sunsouls

Post by robjw »

After having found a couple of useful tips on another website I have finally managed to win this one !
First it is useful to know that if the Cardani Sunsouls use their full movement allowance of 6 tiles they have to wait until the next turn to explode themselves. So try to position your blocking units 7 tiles away.
Secondly if you leave a clear way to the boats the sunsouls will take it. In other words if you are advancing your main force down the central causeway leave an open route down one side. Then instead of exploding themselves against your frontline troops they will bypass them. They can then be destroyed by your follow up troops.
In my opinion this battle is really tricky and you have to be pretty careful, but it is do-able.
( I don't know why I am posting this as I seem to be talking to myself but I started the thread so I might as well finish it ).

Return to “Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion”