problem with game saves

wolf blitzee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

problem with game saves

Post by wolf blitzee »

Im on mission 17. It wont let me save. When I hit save i hear a soft "bong" sound, as if windows 8 is encountering an error. The save box closes and I can keep playing but the new save does not exist. The old save remains. I have finished mission 17 but when I go into the ship deployment screen it shows two of my ships dead. This happened in a previous attempt at mission 17. Its as if its giving me the sane results no matter how 17 turns out.
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Re: problem with game saves

Post by blacklab »

To investigate, we'll need a log file. If you could run through the scenario you described, then quit the game and locate 'outputlog_log.txt' in the "StarHammerVP_data" sub-folder of the games install folder, and other post here or sent to support@slitherine.co.uk, then we'll be able to look into what is going on.

Are you using a new save slot, or overwriting an existing save game?

Cheers, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames
wolf blitzee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by wolf blitzee »

Overwriting.
blacklab
Black Lab Studios
Black Lab Studios

Post by blacklab »

Thanks. The log file will help us work out what is going on.

Something else to check in the meantime is whether somehow the existing save game files are getting locked or read-only. The steam version stored saves at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\{user_id}\337680\remote ( {userid} is a number and will be different for everyone) and the Slitherine store version at {Documents}\Black Lab Games\StarHammerVP. Perhaps check the properties of the files with the extention .shsave and make sure they aren't somehow being set to be read-only.

Cheers, Paul
Paul Turbett - Game Director - Black Lab Games
twitter.com/blacklabgames

Return to “Star Hammer: Tech Support”