Do flags always allow deployment there?

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Do flags always allow deployment there?

Post by PoorOldSpike »

In this scen I'm building, I want to deploy my newly purchased units ONLY in and around my town on the left, but as you see, the game is also allowing them to be deployed in the other towns too.
I know if I remove the flags it'll solve the problem, but I want to KEEP the flags so that I can watch them dramatically change nationality during the ebb and flow of the battle.
So my question is:- can I keep the flags, but not allow units to be deployed there?

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Do flags always allow deployment there?

Post by Erik2 »

Basically no.
If you absolutely need to keep the flags you could replace the villages/towns/cities with other terrain and add decorations to indicate population centers.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Erik2 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:14 am Basically no.
If you absolutely need to keep the flags you could replace the villages/towns/cities with other terrain and add decorations to indicate population centers.
Thanks, I'll use a buildings-type décor and make it Difficult terrain to give the occupants some cover bonus..:)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Another method could be used too, but means more work:

Set up a second allied AI "country", that is actually the same as your first country. Ok, sounds quite confusing. Here's what I mean in an example:

1. Apart from the human and the AI controlled sides, use another AI side that has the same country as the player. See pic below, there we have a human-controlled Soviet side (green), plus a Soviet Ai in orange, both allied (same team number)
AI_side1.jpg
AI_side1.jpg (372.89 KiB) Viewed 945 times
2. To make this work, deactivcate " Teams share victory points"
AI_side2.jpg
AI_side2.jpg (231.56 KiB) Viewed 944 times
3. Now you simply set all Soviet territory to green. Then give a few flagged hexes to the orange side, and the player cannot deploy anymore there. The flags are sill visible, and since both green and orange Soviet sides are allied there is no visible front line between green areas, and orange-owned flag-hexes:
No_deploy.jpg
No_deploy.jpg (459.19 KiB) Viewed 944 times
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks..:)

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”