Vanishing Plane

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

JorkdaOrk
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Vanishing Plane

Post by JorkdaOrk »

Hello there,

I'm donig a scenario by the editor, but I have a problem.
There spawn three planes for the Human Player, and one gets lost after one turn.
It spawnes correctly, the player can move it one turn, but after the AI-turn it's just vanished. :cry:

Two FW-190 spawn correctly and stay, but the Ju-87D Stuka vanishes after AI-turn.
There is nothing that could harm the Stuka and ist has 20 units of fuel.
All other settings/triggers are the same, so what could this be?

Sincerely
JorkdaOrk
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Bertrand Russel
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Vanishing Plane

Post by bebro »

Have you checked the unit bar on the side which lists all your units if the Stuka is still there? You can bring it up by clicking the "force" button in the scn.

Hard to say from here what's going on - but if you attach the scn (zip) we could take a look.
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

OK. Would be great if we could solve this issue.
It's in File Events->Berg Braun->Spawn Braun 3.

A randomised trigger activates a timer after which the three planes spawn.
Spawns fine and no problem with the FW190s so far.

The Stuka is not in the unit list as it's spawned.
The FW190s aren't either.

The human players have to take hex Mount Molotok, so a random timer is activated and after some turns another randomiser may give option 3 planes and they spawn.
After one turn of movement and the AI-turn the Stuka (Jagdstaffel Braun 3) is gone.

Thank you
J.

Edit Deleted Attachment
Last edited by JorkdaOrk on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Russel
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I did a test run out of the editor. For that I set green to AI, and copied the Spawn Braun 3 trigger, then set him to fire right at the start to save time.

In this way it fired correctly, I got all three planes and they worked fine over several turns, non did vanish, pls. see pic (with 3 planes from start to turn 3). So I couldn't really reproduce the prob.

planes_test.jpg
planes_test.jpg (421.43 KiB) Viewed 1836 times

What stands out in your scn is that no side has air supply, there's only land supply. That means all planes lose steadily efficiency -- you can see the strength plates changing from white to yellow, then red in few turns.

I'd recommend to go into the settings tab and activate "off map airsupply" for each side. Otherwise you'd need to set up airfields on the map for all sides with enough supply for all planes (+3 for each air unit).
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

I see - thank you very much.

Well I had the plane vanishing once with the green team, Than it worked with the green team but vanished with the brown team in two games.
As I can't save replays in scenarios at the moment, I created a savegame instead of it. Maybe you can use that and turn it into a replay?
Then I'd upload one. Or is there a workaround to make a replay now?

Because I also tested a "direct" spawn trigger and it worked fine. The trigger seems to be OK. Must be something else.

Oh and now I know what off map air supply means - great!

THX
JorkdaOrk

EDIT: I made another multiplayer playtest, this time it happend to a FW-190. Spawned in turn 7 - moves - disappeared in turn 8. It's not in the unit list anymore.
The first FW190 stays and does fine. Don't know if the vanished one ever was in the unit list. It seems that always the last airplane that was spawned in one "spawn-packet" vanishes.

I ádded the hotseat *.saz after the disappearing, maybe you can make use of it. And the new version of the scenario fitting to the *.saz with activated off map air supply.

Edit: Deleted Attachments
Last edited by JorkdaOrk on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Russel
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

JorkdaOrk wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm
EDIT: I made another multiplayer playtest, this time it happend to a FW-190. Spawned in turn 7 - moves - disappeared in turn 8. It's not in the unit list anymore.
The first FW190 stays and does fine. Don't know if the vanished one ever was in the unit list. It seems that always the last airplane that was spawned in one "spawn-packet" vanishes.

I ádded the hotseat *.saz after the disappearing, maybe you can make use of it. And the new version of the scenario fitting to the *.saz with activated off map air supply.
Did you add the air supply before or after the most recent case/test of disappearing air units? Because the game also does not let you deploy air units manually without air supply.
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

The game was played with off map air supply.
Bertrand Russel
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Hm, I did play a couple turns of the most recent scn you upped - but it still works fine for me.

I set Green to AI, and played as brown, airplanes appeared ca. at turn 10, and are still there at 14:
planes_test.jpg
planes_test.jpg (508.69 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Not other air units were spawned in that time for green or brown.
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

JorkdaOrk wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm As I can't save replays in scenarios at the moment, I created a savegame instead of it. Maybe you can use that and turn it into a replay?
Then I'd upload one. Or is there a workaround to make a replay now?
Thank you for testing.
Well - is there any possibility to create a replay from a multiplayer scenario?
Then you wouldn't have to spend time on recreating the error as I could present it to you then.

Maybe I'll try a new installation of the game myself to exclude an error of a corrupted installation.
Hmm - I didn't install mods or anything like this, only the official campaigns and some custom scenarios.

Sincerely
JorkdaOrk
Last edited by JorkdaOrk on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Russel
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

So a brand new installation of Order of Battle and another playtest.

Parameters
Game Version 7.1.4
Scenario Version 7.1.4
Scenario: [2vsAI] Soprotivlenie 2.1 B.saz
Multiplayer Hotseat
Player 2 Human - Off-Map Air Supply on
Player 3 Human - Off-Map Air Supply on
Player 4 AI - Off-Map Air Supply on
Combat Randomizing - On
Level III
First turn player 2

The Fw 190 A spawn correctly
spawn correctly
spawn correctly
Screenshot 3_spawned.jpg (513.24 KiB) Viewed 1723 times

Then in the same turn they shoot down a Po-2 together.
move and attack
move and attack
Screenshot 4 moved.jpg (592.33 KiB) Viewed 1723 times

End turn - and the second Fw 190 A gets lost. And not enough the Po-2 is risen from the dead.
The second Fw 190 A spawns, moves and fights -> kills the Po-2. And already in the next video for the other human player it's gone.
And not just the unit is vanished, but its whole actions are like they have never happened.

Sincerely
JorkdaOrk
Attachments
Screenshot 5_vanished.jpg
Screenshot 5_vanished.jpg (1000.29 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
Last edited by JorkdaOrk on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Bertrand Russel
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

@bebro
In another playtest I did right now with Player 2 (green) also set to AI everything was also OK in my game.
The issue seems only to occur with two human players. :cry:
Maybe this is why I didn't realize it earlier.

Edit: Deleted Attachments
Last edited by JorkdaOrk on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bertrand Russel
JorkdaOrk

Post by JorkdaOrk »

Sorry for multi posting but it would be hard to read in one post.

I think with the help of some cups of coffee I found the problem. With the event "start turn" it gives another random spawn as soon as the turn of the other human player starts.
Didn't realize this because at the beginning I tested like bebro with one player set to AI and it didn't occur. Because the spawns are so similar this did look like vanishing.
I'm looking for a solution.

THX for your efforts
JorkdaOrk

Edit: I think I could solve it. Instead of randomly choosing a spawn option, which would be made twice and give those confusing results, I let randomly set a variable.
It might be set twice but that doesn't matter as it results in one set variable for the following turn.
The timer which just mustn't be 0 then triggers all three spawn options which get a condition to check the variable, with only one fulfilling the condition.
So the spawn of turn-start player 2 and turn-start player 3 will be the same and not differerent anymore.
This should work fine with two human players and also with an AI player aside.
Bertrand Russel

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”