My hypothetical scenarios

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

My hypothetical scenarios

Post by terminator »

Fall Kreml (Operation Kremlin in English) is now considered by many historians one of the most successful deception campaigns in history.
It was in the same class as the Allied Fortitude operations that were instigated to create confusion before the Normandy landings.
Planning for the German 1942 summer offensive began in December ’41, ironically coinciding with the Soviet counterattack against Heeresgruppe Mitte. Hitler decided that the most decisive blow would have to be in Southern Russia with the breadbasket of the Ukraine and oil of the Caucasus the primary targets. Hitler rightly decided that the capture of these areas would severely hamstring the Soviets while bringing vast new territories and resources under the Nazi’s control.
The operation in the south became Fall Blau (Operation Blue in English). With the heavy losses of the prior twelve months it was obvious that only one Heeresgruppe could mount offensive operations, with the others starved of replacements and standing at the defensive.
In preparation for Fall Blau, a deception plan for a second attack on Moscow was begun called Fall Kreml.
What if Fall Kreml was real, could the German’s have actually captured Moscow on the second attempt ? This scenario will allow players to answer that question.
The map used for the Fall Kreml scenario is the summer version of the Moscow map.
Inspired by : http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panze ... cow42.html
Fall Kreml.jpg
Fall Kreml.jpg (148.22 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
The link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/2vvs2i8ba ... _Kreml.zip

This is a beta version. I don't have the time to make all the modifications...
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: My hypothetical scenarios

Post by terminator »

Moscow 43 :
Moscow 43.jpg
Moscow 43.jpg (139.58 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
The link :http://www.mediafire.com/file/ny4i9kdyb ... cow_43.zip
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

@terminator

I'm a bit confused as to which file to download as the mini-screens look quite alike on both posts (?)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Same scenario based on the official map winter moscow Blitzkrieg :
- Fall Kreml = moscow 42 ,Jun 28th 1942 , summer map
- moscow 43, 15 October 1943 , wet map
->The map saison and the equipment will change.
I will change the soviet equipment. I don't have the time. It is a little complicated. I need two computer : one with these modified scenario and one with the original scenario.
I shall have more time next week.
You can have a look and say your opinion.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote:I will change the soviet equipment. I don't have the time. It is a little complicated. I need two computer : one with these modified scenario and one with the original scenario.
I shall have more time next week.
You can have a look and say your opinion.
OK, thanks. The timing sounds good, too, as I'm currently playing the Panzerkrieg DLC and should be done with it end of this week. Then I'll take a look at these and the updated Patras v1.20 scenario. Always loved the action in your missions.

But I've noticed this: The couple of last months I've been playing Erik's Germany Grand and USNavy, yours and Bruce's scenarios quite exclusively. And playing the "official content" just now, it kind of feels like a walk in the park most of the time. For my next playthrough of Panzerkrieg I'm seriously considering giving the AI substantially more RP/turn instead of just playing at level 5 difficulty. Because as the enemy units can only repair to 10HP max anyways, it kind of makes no real sense. It's just the initial punch of those 13HP units that's harder - and it even has some advantages for the player in return, as my arty and some other units deal considerably more initial damage to 13HP units as to 10HP ones, too.
In comparison, some of your missions like Omaha and Kursk are quite hard compared to official DLC content, to be honest. What I'm getting at is this: Maybe you should NOT listen to me balance-wise anymore... :lol: :wink:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

"Fall Kreml", with "Forgotten units" mod v1.2, middle difficulty

Haven't played Blitzkrieg DLC for a while now, but this is the last map as "summer edition", right? It looks kinda cool. But did you change much in it? Seemed a bit harder, but this could've been because I've played the mission as single map out of the campaign. You could've given me some more RP's to start with to buy some cool stuff instead of tons of infantry, and increased the turn limit to make the slaughter last longer :wink: , otherwise everything went quite as I remember it. The enemy seemed a bit more aggressive maybe. Seriously, what did you modify beside the climate?

But it was nice to have some German cavalry for a change, there you were right. :D
Screenshot 241.jpg
Screenshot 241.jpg (512.32 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

"Moscow 43", with "Forgotten units" mod v1.2, middle difficulty

Okay I get it now: another timeframe, different and more advanced units for me. Sorry, didn't pay attention to such things before.

One confession first: wanted to have more fun, so I've cheated me about +600RP at the beginning, as I've craved to have at least a Tiger and Panther which aren't "unreliable" anymore. No more infantry! (I wish...) :lol: And you should consider "dampening" the Me-410 fighter's stats in your mod also, for example as suggested by Horst here. This plane's just too cheap and powerful like that. No need for StuKa's or other dogfighters anymore!

Overall the Soviets were quite overpowered by the Germans in this scenario like this, they had no effective AT units against my tanks. And on the other hand, their armoured units had no chance against my AT support which was a StuG-G (only). Still couldn't afford no Sturer Emil or Ferdinand :cry: . But the Sturmpanzer/Tiger/Panthers just RULED the battlefield against (mostly) endless waves of infantry.
Screenshot 242.jpg
Screenshot 242.jpg (592.95 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
And putting the recon planes inside the tac.bomber class did unbalance the scenarios quite much. Previously, all enemy fighters ALWAYS attacked my StuKas first and dealing quite the damage in the process. Now they're attacking my recon planes (only). With dogfighter support I'll just let the enemy attack and kill the recon plane and thus soften them up by 2-3HP damage. My "real" tac.bombers roam undisturbed at the same time. Don't know if it's really that good this way, you may want to reconsider. I won't do this in my mod, at least.
Screenshot 243.jpg
Screenshot 243.jpg (482.08 KiB) Viewed 1398 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”