Where do custom campaigns and scenarios go?

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

berlino119
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Where do custom campaigns and scenarios go?

Post by berlino119 »

Hi,

Shards here. I've duplicated and stickied this topic as it has some great answers to the eternal question of "Where should I put the Custom Campaigns and Scenarios?".
Last edited by Shards on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Duplicated thread to make into a sticky FAQ
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Whither custom campaigns and scenarios?

Post by bru888 »

This is where you paste custom CAMPAIGNS (in Windows). Note the highlighted address of the destination folder:
Capture504.jpg
Capture504.jpg (59.96 KiB) Viewed 16474 times
This is where you paste custom SCENARIOS (in Windows). Note the highlighted address of the destination folder:
Capture505.jpg
Capture505.jpg (135.9 KiB) Viewed 16474 times
Remember that mods go into each corresponding folder just like you see it here. You don't post any files individually.
- Bru
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You have special game folder under My Documents for this kind of stuff. Try this path: ...Documents/My Games/Order of Battle - WW2/Scenarios

EDIT: fast invisible bru :D
michacey
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by michacey »

When starting the game and clicking Single Player, you should click the Custom Content button at the bottom of the screen. This should give you access to the custom campaigns and scenarios, if they have been put in the correct folder.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

michacey wrote:When starting the game and clicking Single Player, you should click the Custom Content button at the bottom of the screen. This should give you access to the custom campaigns and scenarios, if they have been put in the correct folder.
That's mostly correct. This is the default screen when you click Single Player; it is focused on the Campaigns tab:
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (345.17 KiB) Viewed 16437 times
You must click the Custom Content button at the bottom to bring up this screen where custom campaigns are shown:
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (385.5 KiB) Viewed 16437 times
However, one can click on the Scenarios tab at any time, including in the first screen above, and that is where official and custom scenarios will be displayed:
Screenshot 5.jpg
Screenshot 5.jpg (293.84 KiB) Viewed 16437 times
- Bru
bssybeep
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bssybeep »

I read all the posts about installing custom scenarios and still having problems.

I installed the custom scenario folders in users/username/documents/my games/order of battle ww2/scenarios

When I start the game and go to single-player then scenarios or custom content then scenarios, it says no custom scenarios available. Custom campaigns show up fine.

So, what is going wrong?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi bssybeep,

If you download Erik's Betio Island from the in-game content downloader, does that work?

THanks
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

The other important thing is that each Scenario needs it's own directory, but then the scenario files must be inside that particular directory (not nested within any other directories).

e.g. This is what my folder looks like

https://imgur.com/a/VTfXq

When unzipping files, it can be easy to end up with multiple folders all nested together
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

Thanks for the replies. I took a look and verified that I extracted the scenarios correctly.
The scenario directory does reside in /users/username/documents/My Games/Order of Battle-WW2/Scenarios
What I see matches your screen shot.

I also tried installing erik's betio island scenario and I see it in the Scenarios directory.

But strangely, I do not see any scenarios within the game. My installed scenarios or Erik's.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

That is very odd!!

Can you attach an output_log? You can open it from the button on the game launcher and save a copy.

Ta
edward77
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Where do custom campaigns and scenarios go?

Post by edward77 »

I too have a similar problem but with the Custom Campaigns not the Scenarios. I extracted the campaigns (Philippines 1941 & US Naval Campaign_1.1) into Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Campaigns checking that the scenarios were in the correct place. None of the Custom Campaigns appeared in the game with no button option to Custom Campaigns at the bottom of the screen. One off scenarios were all present and correct.
Two observations:-
1. After extraction the Campaigns were in double files one inside the other with the same name.
2. Before the 64 update I already had the New Britain 1943-44 campaign which appeared and worked then, but not now.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

(1) Extraction in double files ? Just extract... It is useless to extract in a new file. Maybe it's the problem ?
Step(1).png
Step(1).png (29.5 KiB) Viewed 15893 times
edward77

Post by edward77 »

I don't think that's the problem. My Philippines file is exactly the same as yours
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Ok, you were right. Now got 2 of the 3. Philippines is missing some data. Thanks for the help.
stan23

Post by stan23 »

You should also mention that some mods like 'The Gabe Mod' and 'The Forgotten Units' go in Documents\My Games\Order of Battle - WW2\Mods folder.
I'm a noob and it took me a while to figure that out.
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello i wonder if someone can help me about downloading custom made scenarios and campaigns. Im rather new to the game but looking at your opening pictures of the main screen doesnt match mine i have no button at the bottom that says custom content and when i put a scenario into the scenario folder in the game documents folder nothing shows up in my scenario custom list. So can someone explain how i should do it and why i dont have the custom content button at the bottom of my screen as i look forward to downloading the scenarios. Also i cant find the list of my scenarios i already have. I got my game on steam thanks for any help.
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello i think ive sorted it out at last took me awhile. To get the custom content button at the bottom you had to install a custom campaign game. Also it looks like you have to setup a new folder of your own and unzip the files into it if im right. Great fun to work out pity it took me so long as usual with computers.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

The folders should look like this.
Attachments
campaigns.png
campaigns.png (17.91 KiB) Viewed 15400 times
scenarios_folder.png
scenarios_folder.png (12.93 KiB) Viewed 15400 times
Leonidas048

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello its weird i can download some scenarios and not others. I download Tallinn and Seelowe but not Crete or Leningrad. Im still not sure what is the right method?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Do you mean you the download links do not work or the scenarios do not work after you have put them in the correct folders?
I assume these scenarios are my multiplayer scenarios Crete (1941 1v1) v1.7 and Road to Leningrad (1941 1v1) v2.1
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=64204

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”