- fixed Wirbelwind, Ostwind, Sturmpanzer IV, Sturmtiger stats
- equalized Ger. mobile AA
- Italian carro armato and MC dogfighters series fix
- Ger. Ar234 changes, it's a jet-plane after all
- various minor unit stat fixes
- added the above mentioned Ger./Ital. AT switch units
- added/"unlocked" Ger. 20mm FlaK AA/AT
- added Ger. Cavalry '37-'45 (courtesy of terminator's "Forgotten Units" mod)
- renamed commanders' fictional names with Kondi's research
- changed naval transports to be able to move and disembark on the same turn
- changed firing effect for AA switch units, as I don't think the AA exposions should happen when firing on ground units
terminator wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:43 pm
I do not think that it is a good idea to give Range=2 for an Antitank Unit. I tried a mod with Range = 2 for tank and antitank as it was in Panzer General 2 but the result was not conclusive.
If you increase the range it should in return decrease the efficiency :
Fully agree. I'm never gonna give a land unit (that ain't arty, of course) a range setting. It's free direct fire without return damage. The only exception's my Armoured Train in the AT mode (range=1) setting, because otherwise it couldn't fire on hexes where it can not move onto. And I'm still not happy with this solution, way too strong this way.
airbornemongo101 wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:00 am
Ok, now for the Italians
Here are my recommendations, as before, no notes unless somebody asks
Balancing the stats is no easy task, I don't envy the devs in that regard. That's why I'm doing the stats of the new units in the last (testing) step.
Still, there's one question beforehand: why should the defense values of switch units change? I've seen it with some of the early US and Jap. stock units, but the reasoning behind that is not clear to me.
The way I understand the mechanics, the def. values should represent the pure "armour" of my unit, right? During any combat action, the "green" def. values are to calculate the damage done to my unit
only. The return
damage is determined by the "red" attack values of my unit. So why should these change with switching the gun? Or am I missing something?
And the Semovente 149/40 AT soft attack of "20" is also way too high. Mightier than the Sturmtiger. A mechanized unit with such stats could almost insta-kill infantry units in the open! Sure it ain't a typo?