Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: The "Gabe-Mod" (v7.1.6)

Post by kondi754 »

terminator wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm What a unit name :shock:
The longest I have ever seen :!:
Sd.Kfz.6/3 (7,62cm FK(r) auf 5t Zgkw) = 7.62cm FK36(r)auf PzJgr Selbstfahrlafette Zugkraftwagen 5t (Sd.Kfz.6/3)... or simply (but mistakenly :wink: ) "Diana" Sturmgeschutz

https://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/ ... 35038.html
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:37 pm
terminator wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm What a unit name :shock:
The longest I have ever seen :!:
Sd.Kfz.6/3 (7,62cm FK(r) auf 5t Zgkw) = 7.62cm FK36(r)auf PzJgr Selbstfahrlafette Zugkraftwagen 5t (Sd.Kfz.6/3)... or simply (but mistakenly :wink: ) "Diana" Sturmgeschutz

https://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/ ... 35038.html
It was probably in this unit

FallschirmjagerPanzergrenadierDivisonHermanGoering :mrgreen:

Now, ain't that a mouthfull :shock:
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:27 pm Gabe,
Two things:
1). SdKfz 250/2 (with mortar), no weapon effect, I borrow "weapon effect" from Churchill AVRE and everything works fine (I suppose "mortar_armor" is wrong entry in units.csv file, I set "mortar_300mm" instead :wink: )
2). It seems to me that your models don't work in 7.1.6. Editor, I want my Diana (based on Admiral's SdKfz 7/2 AT model) to be an auxilliary, pre-deployed unit before Gazala scn, but the editor doesn't see this model (HELP :!: :!: :!: :idea: :mrgreen: )
Kondi,
also two things: :wink:
1) Sure it doesn't work in your mod, if you forget to copy the weaponeffect from my mod with it. :shock:
2) It seems to me that you either forgot the texture file (each model= MDT + texture + destroyed-texture) or messed up the model-filename in the units.csv file somehow. :?:

And the unit's name is seriously a bit too long... :D
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:07 pm Kondi,
also two things: :wink:
1) Sure it doesn't work in your mod, if you forget to copy the weaponeffect from my mod with it. :shock:
2) It seems to me that you either forgot the texture file (each model= MDT + texture + destroyed-texture) or messed up the model-filename in the units.csv file somehow. :?:

And the unit's name is seriously a bit too long... :D
Gabe,

1) ok, my fault - copied effects files and it works now, thanks
2) You're wrong this time :) , because I can deploy Diana in my Mod, but it's impossible in Editor
The next issue is this model doesn't work with skins
diana im my mod.jpg
diana im my mod.jpg (378.46 KiB) Viewed 5431 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:21 pm 2) You're wrong this time :) , because I can deploy Diana in my Mod, but it's impossible in Editor
If you can deploy it in the game alright, then all should be good. I've tested all my models in the editor first.
Don't know what's going on on your side, I still think it's some mess up in the units file of your mod. Maybe double names or ID or something. If you want, send me the mod, I'll look over it.

And yes, skins don't work with my models (and the Admiral's, I think). But you can easily redesign the texture to whatever camo/look you want. If you plan a mod for each DLC, this shouldn't be a problem then. 8)
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

GabeKnight wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:35 am
kondi754 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:21 pm 2) You're wrong this time :) , because I can deploy Diana in my Mod, but it's impossible in Editor
If you can deploy it in the game alright, then all should be good. I've tested all my models in the editor first.
Don't know what's going on on your side, I still think it's some mess up in the units file of your mod. Maybe double names or ID or something. If you want, send me the mod, I'll look over it.

And yes, skins don't work with my models (and the Admiral's, I think). But you can easily redesign the texture to whatever camo/look you want. If you plan a mod for each DLC, this shouldn't be a problem then. 8)
Tell me, in what folder should I place your models so that the Game Editor also sees them?
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 am Tell me, in what folder should I place your models so that the Game Editor also sees them?
The same as the game. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
:arrow: Do the new units work in the editor if you open them up inside my mod?
- If yes, use the entries and file structure as template for your mod.
- If not, then we'll have to investigate... :wink:

This is the way it looks for me:

Screenshot 929.jpg
Screenshot 929.jpg (521.32 KiB) Viewed 5375 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Armoured_Train_MK2 :

I tried to apply a skin (Kondi "SS-DR") directly to the AT and ART textures : it works well for the AT version but not for the ART version :?:

Screenshot 184.jpg
Screenshot 184.jpg (210.93 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

terminator wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:32 pm Armoured_Train_MK2 :
I tried to apply a skin (Kondi "SS-DR") directly to the AT and ART textures : it works well for the AT version but not for the ART version :?:
Yeah, I did not rework the arty version, yet. It's still using the stock model.
Different Armoured Train textures for different factions are planned for the next major update of my mod.
airbornemongo101

Gabe,

I've got a request/idea, if it's possible

A Flak train, either one that is "switchable" or one that does not switch, but I think it would be very useful and they were used extensively by the Wehrmacht
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Duplicate. Re-posting for reference (source)

When landed on carrier ships, the German planes (recon and bombers) don't have the same "mini-icon" as Japanese or US aircraft.
(The mechanic works with Japanese/US planes landed on the German carriers, so it has to be linked to the German planes specifically)

Screenshot 726.jpg
Screenshot 726.jpg (686.52 KiB) Viewed 5289 times
Admiral_Horthy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:35 pm There are only few types of mini planes: zero, a4N, E13a, seafire, kingfisher, wildcat. The "miniature" entry contains these IF miniature is used. All IJN planes use Zero, all US use wildcat. Except the seaplane recon. British fighters use Seafire, bombers use none. Italian and the rest use none.

EDIT, tried to import a mini plane but does not work...
Cool, thanks for the info. The secret of one more column of the units.csv revealed :D
Okay, I see, so one could use the "seafire" plane as placeholder for the Germans until this is fixed. But nothing for the poor Italians again... :P

And now I know what the "cX" points in the models files are good for. Good thing I used it within my Ise model nonetheless, without even knowing what it did before. :lol:
(Interestingly the CV Graf Zeppelin has three of those although a cargo hold of just two)
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

airbornemongo101 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:56 pm A Flak train, either one that is "switchable" or one that does not switch, but I think it would be very useful and they were used extensively by the Wehrmacht
Yeah, Bob, I'd like one, too, actually. I think that the Admiral was planning to model a FlaK train, but who knows if he finds the time to come back and work on his mod any time soon?

I can't do that myself. At least not a completely new model - not even in parts. A little resizing here and there, removing some parts, some minimalistic changes or switches, that's okay for me, but more than that is - to be completely honest here - too much repetitive work for my taste, actually. I'd go crazy doing that. New problems/puzzles/riddles, okay, but "assembly line" kind of work, no thanks. (And this is not meant dismissive in any way to modelers, please - it's just how I'm built) :wink: :lol:

:idea: What I could do is:

- add the "AAfire" trait to it now (like it's done with ships), but that would mean a whole new class just for the Armoured Train in the purchase menu, because to my knowledge the "AAfire" trait only works in the classes file. Maybe one more unit class wouldn't be that bad - but on the other hand this could have problematic compatibility issues in the future, when adding or removing units or classes. And that would be for the AT version only. If I'd wanted the Arty version to have AA also, I'd need yet another new class. And that looks weird in the game, e.g. the 28cmK5 would have to remain in the usual arty class. I've tested it, the unit animations look and work okay, but I'd rather not do it like this.

- use the same model basically and create a whole new FlaK-unit, sure, but all I could do would be to remove the two outer turrets, for example. Or leave it as it is. But no new guns or turrets! So I don't know...?

Any ideas?

BTW I'm playing AfrikaKorps at the moment, and since there seems to be a complete lack of railroad tracks in Afrika, new rail units are not on my immediate to-do-list, you know... :wink:
airbornemongo101

Wow, that's too much work.

Oh well, thx for the explanation Gabe

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

airbornemongo101 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 am Wow, that's too much work.
Oh well, thx for the explanation Gabe
I'm not sure if I explained it correctly. Too much (boring) work would be to build new models. The two possibilities I've said I could do, those are no work actually. Just swapping some lines of code. Also removing the turrets would be no work at all.
I'm sure it took me longer to write the above post than it would be to change the classes and the units file... :wink:
The question is, if this would solve anything?

Thing is, I really don't want no "pretend" units in my mod. If I'll add a separate FlaK train, then I want it to look like a FlaK train if possible (although I have no idea how a FlaK train has to look like). Don't get me wrong, generally I'm willing to do some changes.
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

GabeKnight wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 am BTW I'm playing AfrikaKorps at the moment, and since there seems to be a complete lack of railroad tracks in Afrika, new rail units are not on my immediate to-do-list, you know... :wink:
When I played Sandstorm, the thought occurred to me: how will Gabe do this without his beloved trains. ;)

And why were there no Legos like this when I was a kid: :cry:

Gabe's Big Gun :mrgreen:

GabeKnight

The "Gabe-Mod" - minor update

Post by GabeKnight »

Yeah, you're right Cool, I miss my trains. :cry: :wink:
Nice pic BTW, thanks. But you'll see, I'll get them all back with Erik's Germany (Grand) Campaigns... 8) :D

Minor update for my mod, build 2019-03-09:

- fixed Ger. M4A2 Sherman Field Armour switch error (switch refers to US unit; removed)
- fixed Brit. Sherman Firefly series entry to prevent "Hobart's Funnies" spec bug
- Reduced Universal_carrier MP=8 (don't know if this change was in the older version already, sorry)
- fixed. E-100 availibility through "Entwicklung Series" spec
- changed Ital. 149/19: range=6, cost=200 - following the current discussion.
- some minor changes/corrections I don't remember anymore :wink:

Update in the OP. Just overwrite the old files.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

AfrikaKorps, finally some tracks in the desert! My.... ahistorical.... deployment :wink:

Screenshot 942.jpg
Screenshot 942.jpg (903.37 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
CoolDTA
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by CoolDTA »

Nice! :D And there was (and is) a rail connection between Mersa Matruh and Alexandria (present for instance in Strategic Command), so...

In the Afrika Korps logistics: "Did you see these crazy orders from Feldmarschall Gabe? Now we have to ship his damned rail artillery to Tripoli and haul it from there all the way to the front! #$@&%*!?" :wink:
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Updates:

- Completed Ger. SdKfz7/1 mod AT switch model. Don't know why I didn't do it before :roll:
- Fixed Brit. Bishop & Sexton, "mechanical" defense type
- Unlocked Ger. Char B1, M4A2 Sherman, T-34-40/43 (captured) into the "Beutepanzer" spec unit roster
- Fixed Yugoslavian_Mountaineers_41 weapon effect. Reported by terminator here. But I did NOT change the "Ski41attack" effect, which is correctly used for the Fin SkiTroops (SMG version), but assigned them the "infantryattack" instead. Yeah, the pic's still wrong, though.
- Fixes to the Fin. Infantry models, esp. major overhaul of the Ski infantry models, reported here

Also, I'm planning to add some light Pz I / II flamethrower tanks to the Germans for the next update of my mod (like the Ital. L35fiamme) :twisted:
Those are cheap and proved to be very effective against dug-in infantry.

Screenshot 944_2.jpg
Screenshot 944_2.jpg (967.69 KiB) Viewed 5074 times
CoolDTA wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 am Nice! :D And there was (and is) a rail connection between Mersa Matruh and Alexandria (present for instance in Strategic Command), so...
Yeah, Erik always cares for such details with his maps. :)
CoolDTA wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 am In the Afrika Korps logistics: "Did you see these crazy orders from Feldmarschall Gabe? Now we have to ship his damned rail artillery to Tripoli and haul it from there all the way to the front! #$@&%*!?" :wink:
:lol:

But hey, if they could ship a Tiger tank inside a sub, I'm sure they won't have problems disassembling and transporting a simple railway wagon (with a large barrel)? :P
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm Updates:
- Fixes to the Fin. Infantry models, esp. major overhaul of the Ski infantry models, reported here
I don’t really like ski troops with helmets, I prefer when they wear caps although I saw pictures where ski troops wore helmets but mostly caps.

Maybe you could mix the two, let the soldier with the panzerfaust wear his helmet and the other two soldiers wear a cap :

Dragon-DML-135-WWII-German-Ski-Troops-Plastic.jpg
Dragon-DML-135-WWII-German-Ski-Troops-Plastic.jpg (26.56 KiB) Viewed 5037 times

German ski troops with new machine guns - StG. 44 :

4669c3f3433f98b206971d64d5961d1d.jpg
4669c3f3433f98b206971d64d5961d1d.jpg (53.25 KiB) Viewed 5038 times
PS : I had never seen a soldier with ski transporting a Panzerfaust before. Skiing with a panzerfaust should not be easy :wink:

GabeKnight wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm Also, I'm planning to add some light Pz I / II flamethrower tanks to the Germans for the next update of my mod (like the Ital. L35fiamme) :twisted:
Those are cheap and proved to be very effective against dug-in infantry.
Since these tanks were not very numerous, it might be better to make them more expensive ?
It comes from the premise that what is rare is expensive.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”