Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

SSLConf_Yolo911
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

Erik,

Do you have any idea why random MP scenarios won't show up for me to play?

For instance, Someone just hosted Road to Moscow 3.1. My latest version was 2.0 So I found 3.1 and downloaded it and put It where I put dozens of others in the past. Documents/ my games/OOB/scenarios. I went back into MP and his hosted game was still red and said I didn't have the necessary version to accept the challenge.

This has happened in the past. The last time was the Finland scenario. Never could play it even though I had the correct version in the correct location.

As you know I am putting the downloaded files in the right place because I am currently playing two MP games with you.

Any suggestions?
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

As long as the challenge is created using the correct download and the folder name or scenario name is not tampered with, it should work.
But I have seen edited versions of my scenarios and these will provbably not work.
Sorry, but I don't know why the game thinks your download is different from the challenge.
SSLConf_Yolo911

Post by SSLConf_Yolo911 »

thanks Erik,

i'm not a personal friend of the person who hosted the scenario, so it is possible he made an alteration to your MOD.

I will log in and see if it is my turn to play any of our games. As you know a few months ago my automatic turn notification decided not to work(I friggin hate computers) and for some reason it can't be fixed.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Usually players edit the name of a modded scenario.

I have had some strange issues with my 2v2 scenarios, Scandinavia and Market Garden.
I could not select wich side I wanted to join.
Erik2

Ambon 1942 updated to 1.2

Post by Erik2 »

Added various experience levels to most units. The Japanese get the higher experience.
Added 5 more turns.
bohun
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bohun »

In scenario Road to Leningrad (v.1.4) what are victory conditions for soviet ? My oponent captured only Pskov and was draw. It is correct?
Erik2

Forgotten Armies v2.0

Post by Erik2 »

Completly changed the deployment of all Allied units. Most of them now arrive as reinforcements instead of starting low-strength in India.
Added exp to Japanese misc units.
US equipped Chinese forces are now AI-controlled and should stay in the northern area near the Chinese border.
These changes should make it easier for the Japanese to push towards the Indian border.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq37w4vwr3yp2 ... 0.zip?dl=0
Erik2

Road to Leningrad updated to 2.1

Post by Erik2 »

Lots of terrain changes to improve mobility along roads and increase the blitz factor.
Added more turns.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nszo5s0emap5 ... 1.zip?dl=0
Erik2

Road to Moscow v4.0

Post by Erik2 »

Revised and simplied the objectives. Moscow is the only primary objective while both sides need to secure control of at least 5 of the 9 secondary ojectives.
Number of air units on both sides halved.
No German withdrawals.
Added trucks to various AA and engineer units on both sides.

Download link in first post.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

I have to report a bug on Poland, or ask why you did this erik.

2nd turn into Poland you give many many reserve units to Poland. This causes a huge problem. It drops the supply to -120 making everything at 8 efficiency. Unplayable scenario for me. Please modify to give enough supply for Poland. Poland really should have an over abundance of supply! Currently it is too close to the edge of supply.
Attachments
20180421105348_1.jpg
20180421105348_1.jpg (602.47 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
Erik2

Poland

Post by Erik2 »

Fixed Polish supply in Poland scenario.
Erik2

Crete

Post by Erik2 »

Increased supply in ports.
Erik2

Norway

Post by Erik2 »

Removed non-essential flags, fixed a few minor issues and simplified objectives.
Update in first post.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Supply in Finland issue for soviets.

I took Murmansk as axis. It is valued at 140 supply output. 100 from Murmansk, 20 from each of the airports. That immediately caused supply problems for the soviets. They are at 8 effectiveness now. Leningrad and neighbors region is valued only at 35 supply? Archangel should be at least equal in supply as Murmansk maybe more so as it was also the major destination for the arctic convoys.

I think no matter what cities in this scenario are lost the soviets should not have supply problems until Leningrad is cut. It was not until 8 September 1941, when the last road to the city was severed by the Germans.
Attachments
20180425163519_1.jpg
20180425163519_1.jpg (486.05 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

a432

Is this the Road to Leningrad scenario?
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

It is the 1v1 Finland 1941 scenario.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Also you have a supply problem on road to Leningrad. I haven't lost any of the primary objectives yet Russia is in supply problems. Again there should be no reason that Russia is ever is supply problems. Please give at least 200+ supply to like some far back Russia city.

Also on another problem on Poland still need a little more supply. Say another 50+ to warsaw or another primary objective. I haven't lost any of the major cities including Lodz but almost ran into supply problems. I had only +1 supply at one point. Also poland needs a little more money per turn. I have been running on empty for many turns now.

Also POLAND NEEDS MORE ENGINEERS!!!!!@!

I cannot buy engineers with Poland for some reason. Please give many many more on the initial start. I think there are 3 total in the whole map! I need them to blow up the million bridges Poland has.
Attachments
lennnigrad.jpg
lennnigrad.jpg (546.94 KiB) Viewed 2930 times
cincin
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by cincin »

Erik,

Couple of questions on Velikiye Luki.

1. The Ju52 and armored train only spawn once, at the start of the game. Is this intended (to force the Soviets to push for those objectives early)?

2. Of the eight German reinforcements programmed to arrive on January 3rd, 1943 (around Turn 6, I believe), only five units appear due to lack of map space. Is this intended?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

cincin wrote:Erik,

Couple of questions on Velikiye Luki.

1. The Ju52 and armored train only spawn once, at the start of the game. Is this intended (to force the Soviets to push for those objectives early)?

2. Of the eight German reinforcements programmed to arrive on January 3rd, 1943 (around Turn 6, I believe), only five units appear due to lack of map space. Is this intended?
1) No, it is supposed to spawn a new Ju52 when the previous is removed. But it is not working as advertised.
2) I use one hex for unit spawn deployment and the game will use the adjacent hexes if the original is occupied. That means that only the first 6 units will deploy in a turn. The rest must wait. Like real life :D
Erik2

Operazione C3

Post by Erik2 »

Added more Italian supply ships to Operazione C3.

Link updated in first post.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”