HOW TO CHANGE MAXIMUM STRENGTH per unit

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

HOW TO CHANGE MAXIMUM STRENGTH per unit

Post by calmhatchery »

How can I change the maximum strength of the unit. In original the strentgh is 10. I would like for example for some units make maximum 5. I would like to have for example pciture below:
Attachments
batalion_regiment.jpg
batalion_regiment.jpg (180.25 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
Last edited by calmhatchery on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: HOW TO CHANGE MAXIMUM STRENGTH per unit

Post by bru888 »

calmhatchery wrote:How can I change the maximum strength of the unit. In original the strentgh is 10. I would like for example for some units make maximum 6
I can think of three ways. The first one, I don't think you mean but I will mention it anyway. If you want to permanently weaken a unit in whatever scenario it appears, then I believe you could change the Strength value in units.csv. For example, if the default value in the file is 100 Strength and the default value in the game is 10 Strength, then it would stand to reason that you would change these values to 60 for the units to appear in the game as Strength 6:
Capture254.jpg
Capture254.jpg (125.72 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
But you are probably talking about scenario design in which you want certain units to be Strength 6 for a particular scenario only. There are two ways I would do this. If placing a unit on the map for Scenario Start, I would change this value to 6:
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (36.28 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
If spawning a unit later in the scenario using a Trigger, I would set this value to 6:
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (19.91 KiB) Viewed 2773 times
A sudden thought, however: If it's an AI unit, does the game look to repair/reinforce it back to 10? That, I don't know.
- Bru
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

wow!! yes Exactly Im looking for this in scenario!!! It is cool!!! For me it will be enough for the start. Many thanks!!!
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Do you know the game Germany at War - Barbarossa 1941 ?
Formations.jpg
Formations.jpg (55.35 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

I heard only :) Ill check it!
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Germany at War is a good PzC type game with some interesting twists.
I even created a scenario for it a long time ago :D
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Ill buy and try :) it. but in OOB maybe it no make sense to complikate theunits with 5 maximum strength? what do you think?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

In a battalion sized scenario I use 5-strength for company-sized units. Then it is up to the player (or AI) to repair to higher strength.
Lower-strength/experience units are also useful for garrisons.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

is it possible to create the unit with max 5 points of stregth ? I mean after reapir maximum stregth = 5.
If yes. how t make it? I know how to make own mod but what next?
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

Erik2 wrote:In a battalion sized scenario I use 5-strength for company-sized units. Then it is up to the player (or AI) to repair to higher strength.
Lower-strength/experience units are also useful for garrisons.

AAAA thats ritght. WE can resize the map.Yes!! I think its good solution...2 infantry units = regiment, 1 infantry = batallion
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Changing the strength in units.csv has no effect.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

yes. I checked it ...maybe. create a custom unit for example of ifnantry with lower Attack and defense? maybe is this a way? and change the name for the REGIMENT. Also change the icon of the ifnasntry (only two men on schema)
gunnyjs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gunnyjs »

bru888 wrote:
calmhatchery wrote:How can I change the maximum strength of the unit. In original the strentgh is 10. I would like for example for some units make maximum 6
I can think of three ways. The first one, I don't think you mean but I will mention it anyway. If you want to permanently weaken a unit in whatever scenario it appears, then I believe you could change the Strength value in units.csv. For example, if the default value in the file is 100 Strength and the default value in the game is 10 Strength, then it would stand to reason that you would change these values to 60 for the units to appear in the game as Strength 6:
Capture254.jpg
But you are probably talking about scenario design in which you want certain units to be Strength 6 for a particular scenario only. There are two ways I would do this. If placing a unit on the map for Scenario Start, I would change this value to 6:
Screenshot 4.jpg
If spawning a unit later in the scenario using a Trigger, I would set this value to 6:
Screenshot 3.jpg
A sudden thought, however: If it's an AI unit, does the game look to repair/reinforce it back to 10? That, I don't know.
This is the proper way to answer a question that way someone like myself a caveman can understand Thanks

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”