Winter War Notes

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Tidavis
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Winter War Notes

Post by Tidavis »

Hi,

I've been playing OoB for some time but slowly. Finally gave in a bought the campaign pack when Endsieg came out.

Right now I am backtracking from that to do the Finnish Campaign. It's a great teacher for basic infantry tactics. I did find taking the soviet hq a bit too easy. Two turns at most for it to fall.

Am I just lucky or did the soviet air force increase in size after you blew up the fuel supply.
Polikarpovs seem to be spawning in the wreckage of other Polikarpovs.

:?:
Tidavis

Re: Winter War Notes

Post by Tidavis »

Another thing I have noticed in this campaign is that the AI is constantly underestimating the casualties suffered by the Finns.

Is this a feature or a bug?
Tidavis

Post by Tidavis »

I Just finished the Raate Road scenario and I thought it was pretty good. Not having a air base anywhere on map made it impossible for my small air force to get anywhere near the eastern edge of the battle field.

I think allowing/adding a build temporary airfield function would be a nice idea.

The addition of the captured at guns and artillery is welcome but being able to give them transport is a bit frustrating.

So far, this campaign has been a welcome break to tank heavy scenarios of Sandstorm that I still in the middle of.

Finnlandia!
Tidavis

Post by Tidavis »

This constant underestimation of Finnish casualties is starting to grate.

Grrrrrr………………

Now the ai is starting to add 2 to the count instead of 1.

:twisted:
Tidavis

Post by Tidavis »

Sadly, the Winter War is over and despite my glorious successes, the hated communists just had too many men to waste and too much material to expend.

There will be time to continue this at a later date but we will have to make common cause with people just as repulsive.

:cry:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - AAR”