Burma Road Operation Krohcol

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Burma Road Operation Krohcol

Post by best75 »

I play on the middle difficulty. First scenario Burma Road. Operation Krochol.
I expect my Indian allies will advance to take both Thai checkpoints while I will advance past Betong and destroy the hillside rocks. At deployment I buy a BL 5.5 inch artillery with truck, heavy inf, and engineer.
Turn 1
My engineers clear the minefield and I advance my troops towards Betong, encountering Thai police on the road and in the Forrest.

My Indian allies get a ambush by Thai police. Thai police is pushed back and they encounter a Japanese recon unit. More Thai police appear in Betong

Turn 2
I push back the Thai police and encounter heavy Thai police at the center of Betong.

My Indian allies advance towards the Thai checkpoint. Japanese air unit bombs my allies infantry
Turn 3
Australian units under my command have arrived. They push back a Thai police and the AA unit destroys a Japanese air unit. I have my heavy inf bombard the Thai heavy police and move my artillery up. Noticing I have more resources I buy another 5.5 inch artillery.

Indian allies attacks the Thai checkpoint. I left my Australian AA gun exposed causing it to get attacked.
Turn 4
I move the AA back to let it recover. Australians attack the Thai police and I take Betong after hitting the heavy thai police with artillery
The Thai are out of supply. Indian allies take the Thai checkpoint and find Japanese units. Japanese planes bomb the Australians.
Turn 5
I start to finish off what remains of the Thai police
Indian allies attack the Japanese tank.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Burma Road Operation Krohcol

Post by best75 »

Turn 6
I let a few of my units rest and get replacements. The rest keep their advance.

The Indians cut off a Japanese tank from supply. My artillery gets hit by Japanese air unit. I see the main Japanese force now.

Turn 7
I push back the Japanese recon and move my units forward.

My artillery gets hit by air units again. Indian allies are getting beaten back. Looks like they won't get the 2nd checkpoint.

Turn 8
I get replacements for the artillery and move the AA gun to protect it. Fighting goes on against the Japanese.

Turn 9
I focus my artillery and attack on the Japanese tank.
The Japanese advance to the Thai checkpoint

Turn 10
Kept fighting the Japanese.
Indian allies lost the checkpoint.
Turn 11
I made good progress on the east side. Destroying the Japanese tank and pushing their units back. Moved artillery but got hit by air unit.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

Turn 12
Kept advance and some replacements. Sent a inf toward the Thai checkpoint. Enemy tank attacked cross river, allowing my inf to deal heavy damage to it.

Turn 13
Push the enemy back a bit and sent more inf towards checkpoint. Enemy air attacks my engineer and artillery but is taking losses.

Turn 14
Kept advance and moved infantry that were going to Thai checkpoint to deal with enemy infantry
Enemy takes the supply point the Indians held.
Turn 15
I checked my supply and I can afford to lose my rear supply point. Moved artillery and AA gun in truck to the road. Bombarded the heavy inf near the hillside with moatar. Move inf towards checkpoint.
2 Japanese air units crash landed. Rear gets attacked by recon but it's at 1 strength so it does not damage

Turn 16
Attacked the heavy inf near the hillside and moved rear units up. Kept moving units towards checkpoint and moved tank back towards Betong.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

Turn 17
Pushed the heavy inf back and started attacking the hillside. The Indians lost their last unit but it did quite a bit cutting off the enemy inf and delaying their advance. My inf between the two checkpoints take a beating and I am surprised to see enemy supply space getting near Betong.

Turn 18
I destroy that pesky recon unit behind my lines and move units back to deal with the enemy unit close to Betong. Moved units between checkpoint back down. Destroyed one hillside

Turn 19
Destroyed the last hillside rocks and the inf that was near Betong. Still Waiting for the last Japanese tank to cross the river
Enemy Air plane crashed.

Turn 20
Moved units toward the Thai checkpoint and a unit in place to cross the river if the Japanese tank does not move.

A Inf near the Thai checkpoint to the west is very damaged.

Turn 21
Crossing the river with a heavy inf and placed more units to cross the river. Moved endangered inf near the checkpoint back and sent other inf to battle

Last Japanese tank attacks my inf on the river and is destroyed. Now all I need is to capture both checkpoints.
Turn 22
Won't deploy commander since he is useless for the current scenario as there are no armored units left. Moved units toward the checkpoints.
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

Turn 23
I captured both checkpoints bringing an end to this scenario.
Attachments
Krohcol.rec.zip
(10.6 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
gunnyjs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gunnyjs »

Thanks for posting all of this and the after action video thing. Sometimes I go with buying an aa unit so then my team has two. The Indians never do anything except take up space and wear down the enemy a little before you gotta go over there. I've had an enemy tank at level one run away and never be heard from again. The hilarious part is the Thai Police first your attacking them then the Japanese and you attack them - some times I don't attack them so a Japanese unit can get worn down some dealing with them then I come in and sucker punch them.

The Japanese units on the far right flank never move, the Japanese when they take the checkpoints seem to not come any further south. The Japanese unit near the bunkers or the mounds or whatever never moves so a unit or units can by pass that and attack way in the rear looking for that missing tank if needed.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - AAR”