Order of Battle WWII graphics

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

msmagnum
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Order of Battle WWII graphics

Post by msmagnum »

I spent the whole day creating a perfect scenario and I wake up today and find the graphics screwed up! There are no turrets on the tanks anymore! I want to play my damn game and you guys screwed up the graphics again. Fix it!

On a side note, your Russian DLC is going to be a flop because nobody gives a damn about the barbaric Red Army in WWII. You should have done a better job with Endsieg instead of wasting your time with the Russians.

Just fix the God Damn graphics you just screwed up so I can play the game I already purchased from you years ago.

piss off
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Order of Battle WWII graphics

Post by bru888 »

Relax. It is what it is and I am saying that to you as a fellow customer, not as an official by any means.

Sure, they should never have released 7.1.8 in the first place without taking a look at the unit graphics. To fix the problem probably took time, hence the delay.

We have word that it's resolved in the version that they are looking at in conjunction with Red Star beta. I imagine that when Red Star is released, the accompanying patch will do the trick. They usually release the patch separately, so you will not need to purchase Red Star in order to fix the graphics.

I've learned that, with OOB, you take the good with the bad or you move on. The game itself is good enough to keep me around. You need to make that same determination for yourself.
- Bru
msmagnum

Post by msmagnum »

Thanks for responding.

I felt that the work I did on the scenario was sabotaged by a half baked patch that was not tested before automatically being downloading into my computer. They screwed up the graphics with the aircraft in Sandstorm and now the top part of the tanks in patch 7.1.8. These technicians should test the update before automatically downloading it into our computers.

Was I too angry and abrasive in my last post? Sure. But this incompetence has got to stop. They need better quality control.

Thanks for your reply and concern.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

msmagnum wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:15 am..They screwed up the graphics with the aircraft in Sandstorm and now the top part of the tanks in patch 7.1.8.
I don't get it mate, I'm 7.1.8 and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the Sandstorm planes, and all my tanks of all nations and theatres have got turrets.
Can you post a few screenshots to show us what you mean, because it might be your PC graphics/reso settings that need adjusting somehow?
However there are some graphic problems with 718 that have been mentioned in another thread, but they're fairly minor and not game=breakers, and a dev said they're going to be fixed soon.
BTW you said the 718 update was automatically downloaded, so I assume you got the game on Steam?
Steam has an unspeakable habit of updating stuff whether we want it to or not, grrrr.

PS- Here's a screenshot from a 718 scen I'm building at the moment (Russian AI about to assault head-on in massive strength from the north) notice all the tanks look good, no missing turrets and things.
PS again- I'll be buying the new Russian DLC because it sounds like it'll be fun stepping up to the plate to stop the Russki steamroller..:)

Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I don't know if this is the issue here, but you should never never create a scenario using a beta version (leave that to the devs).
Been there, done that, got burned.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Somewhat strange when ppl have probs to play the Red Army because of wartime actions or ideology, but happily win the war with Germany.

Let's face it, games are about entertainment, and not about promoting one particular POV, and for historic studies we fortunately can use those printed thingies.
msmagnum

Post by msmagnum »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:05 am
msmagnum wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:15 am..They screwed up the graphics with the aircraft in Sandstorm and now the top part of the tanks in patch 7.1.8.
I don't get it mate, I'm 7.1.8 and I haven't noticed anything wrong with the Sandstorm planes, and all my tanks of all nations and theatres have got turrets.
Can you post a few screenshots to show us what you mean, because it might be your PC graphics/reso settings that need adjusting somehow?
However there are some graphic problems with 718 that have been mentioned in another thread, but they're fairly minor and not game=breakers, and a dev said they're going to be fixed soon.
BTW you said the 718 update was automatically downloaded, so I assume you got the game on Steam?
Steam has an unspeakable habit of updating stuff whether we want it to or not, grrrr.

PS- Here's a screenshot from a 718 scen I'm building at the moment (Russian AI about to assault head-on in massive strength from the north) notice all the tanks look good, no missing turrets and things.
PS again- I'll be buying the new Russian DLC because it sounds like it'll be fun stepping up to the plate to stop the Russki steamroller..:)

Carefully look at the German tanks in your screenshot. They are distorted especially the Panther and King Tiger but they are all distorted.
msmagnum

Post by msmagnum »

Carefully look at the German tanks in your screenshot. They are distorted especially the Panther and King Tiger but they are all distorted.
msmagnum

Post by msmagnum »

When Sandstorm first came out the aircraft graphics were distorted. It took awhile for the tech team to fix the problem. This new patch is distorting the graphics of the tanks.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please don't post political statements such as "barbaric Red Army in WWII" and don't use fowl language.
You've now been warned.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

msmagnum wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:55 am Carefully look at the German tanks in your screenshot. They are distorted especially the Panther and King Tiger but they are all distorted.
Here's a 718 screenshot I took 5 minutes ago of Ktigs and Panthers and they look okay to me. Sure there's some minor graphic quirks but we can live with them til they're fixed..:)

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

VPaulus wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:15 am..fowl language..
As the 3 witches in Macbeth said-
"Fowl is fair and fair is fowl"..:)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:22 am
VPaulus wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:15 am..fowl language..
As the 3 witches in Macbeth said-
"Fowl is fair and fair is fowl"..:)
Foul... not fowl... I stand corrected. :oops: :)
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Spike, before we let people off the hook too easily, here is a sample; an "after" [7.1.8] and a "before" [7.1.4]. Compare each vehicle:

7.1.8 Graphic Glitch2.jpg
7.1.8 Graphic Glitch2.jpg (357.47 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (369.71 KiB) Viewed 2701 times

These were just trucks that Horst chose to portray and that I was able to duplicate and show the difference (I'm still on 7.1.4 for other reasons). People have reported tanks without turrets and tracks showing through armor.

A minor glitch, even though it should have been caught before releasing 7.1.8? Sure, if it was acknowledged, explained, and fixed promptly. However, with the lack of communication from the developers, quite long periods of silence, one can imagine all sorts of things. Such as a move in priority away from PC to console play and that these images were now permanent because they suited the console.

They should be thrilled that people are passionate enough about their game to care so deeply about its blemishes. They should nurture that passion with communication and responsiveness, and with quality control as msmagnum asserts.
- Bru
msmagnum

Post by msmagnum »

Here is a screenshot of my Panzer IIs, see how the graphics are distorted by this involuntary patch? These tanks look like they have already been ran over by the British.

So far my complaints have been ignored by the developers and technicians of Order of Battle WWII. This is bad public relations before a new DLC. This is a great game, just too bad they have poor quality control and costumer service.
Attachments
slytherine distortion 1.jpg
slytherine distortion 1.jpg (345.12 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
msmagnum

Post by msmagnum »

I forgot to say thank you everybody for replying to my post.

Order of Battle WWII is my favorite game to play because I can use the editor to create my own scenario. I have created Operation "Crusader" in North Africa. I made it as historically correct as possible. Isn't that neat? Now just waiting for the technicians to fix the distorted graphics so I can play.

If I can make one more complaint about the graphics. For those of us who like historical accuracy, why are the German heavy infantry still using Maxim machine guns instead of MG 34s and MG42s?

I hope this game will continue to be a success as I really enjoy the old graphics before the distorted patch.

Thanks again and all the best to the Order of Battle WWII players out there.
Attachments
slytherine distortion 2.jpg
slytherine distortion 2.jpg (89.96 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Hang around, msmagnum. Better times may be coming . . . will be coming in terms of the unit graphics issue. As I said earlier, that should be resolved when they release the patch that allows playing Red Star. Have patience, enjoy the game in the meantime (squint your eyes while viewing your units) and continue to give feedback here. Some of it does get through and, to the extent that it does, helps to make this a better game.
- Bru
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

msmagnum wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:30 amSo far my complaints have been ignored by the developers and technicians of Order of Battle WWII..
Whoa Jack!
Site Administrator 'AMG' posted this on 3rd June (6 weeks ago), bless his little cotton socks-

"Apologies for the new issues you've all found, this is likely due to our dev team moving from an older unity version to the latest. We've planned for a lot of refactoring and cleaning of the legacy code, as well as optimisations and performance improvements for the future updates and DLCs. Please bear with us while we go through this transition.
Many thanks!
Adam"

Here's a link to the 718 discussion thread he said it in-
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... t&start=20

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”