Blitzkrieg, improvement suggestions

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Blitzkrieg, improvement suggestions

Post by Horst »

terminator wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:01 am One cannot buy transport to the Russian artillery unit captured regardless of Core or no-Core. It’s probably because of the trait "noPurchase".
Aux units can't be upgraded in any way, but if you change this unit to core then it should be possible to add transports later. 76mm_m1939_Germany supports most types of German transports. I'd add a horse-transport in the editor as cheapest and common artillery tractor "for immediate use against the enemy". It's the same story like in the Winter War scenarios where towed guns without transport are almost useless when gifted during scenarios.
I'd always change gifted units to core, so even if you have no use for these after the scenario, you can sell them as bounty for a few bucks.
Historically, it often took quite a long while until equipment was made compatible, like adding own radios, sights and most importantly a manual in own language to operate and maintain the gear, or even rechambering the guns like with the Pak 36(r):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62_cm_Pak_36(r)
What we often enjoy in games is rather the hollywood-style to jump into half-damaged tanks and immediately shoot the crap out of enemies to receive a medal of honor. :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Horst wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm
terminator wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:01 am One cannot buy transport to the Russian artillery unit captured regardless of Core or no-Core. It’s probably because of the trait "noPurchase".
Aux units can't be upgraded in any way, but if you change this unit to core then it should be possible to add transports later.
Are you sure that it is possible to add a transport to a unit that has the "noPurchase" trait ?

Test this scenario :
testGermany.zip
(300.28 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Horst

Post by Horst »

No, I hadn't notice this yet that noPurchase makes transports unpurchasable although you can still upgrade to another unit as core unit.
I have modified all captured German equipment to be purchasable with the Beute spec and last played Winter War long time ago where I had also added some transports.
Suits me fine forgetting & missing that bummer if I spoil myself too much. :oops:
You should definitely report this as bug as its a major flaw for gifted captured towed units.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

"Soviet Tools" bug (10_Smolensk) added to the Bug Database(Issue #4550 ), thanks for the comments :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

08_Greece :

dumb_user on Matrix forum found a bug.

The description of the number of turns for the two secondary objectives is correct in English (checked according to triggers) but false in the other languages :

Greece(08).jpg
Greece(08).jpg (114.29 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

PS : I will add this bug to the Bug Database
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

terminator wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:49 am 08_Greece :
dumb_user on Matrix forum found a bug.
The description of the number of turns for the two secondary objectives is correct in English (checked according to triggers) but false in the other languages :
PS : I will add this bug to the Bug Database
Added to the Bug Database (Issue #4606)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

11_Kiev -> AI Bugs ?

- AI Bug n°1 : missing unit

Screenshot 1673(Kiev_Ai).jpg
Screenshot 1673(Kiev_Ai).jpg (238.87 KiB) Viewed 900 times

- AI Bug n°2 : same unit twice marked

Screenshot 1674(Kiev_Ai).jpg
Screenshot 1674(Kiev_Ai).jpg (370.69 KiB) Viewed 900 times

- AI Bug n°3 : AI ID1 will never change (?)

Screenshot 1675(Kiev_Ai).jpg
Screenshot 1675(Kiev_Ai).jpg (154.77 KiB) Viewed 900 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”