Editor issues

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Editor issues

Post by bru888 »

I would send all of these editor crash reports except that I don't want to clog their servers. Thank goodness the game itself is not this unstable. I've learned to save early and often when using the editor, also to close it and reopen it frequently. It still dumps me out on its own, even so. :x

Capture1074.jpg
Capture1074.jpg (88.2 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Odd, I have almost zero crashings in the editor.
The game itself is another issue.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Any hope of getting proper AI Team numbers displayed?
They seem to work until about 20, but higher numbers are just displayed as blank (or maybe reusing a lower number).
This a very neat way to make sure all units have been assigned to a AI Team (key-click j ).
AI team no.jpg
AI team no.jpg (155.36 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:54 am This a very neat way to make sure all units have been assigned to a AI Team (key-click j ).
For convenience you can keep AI Team 1 empty for that purpose. If you see something is in, obviosly wrong so you fix that until AI Team 1 is empty again.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

"Ignore enemy" is inoperative in a Setup AI Team trigger. It cannot actually be set but clicking the box will remove the Target Hex and return the Aggression setting back to default. Basically, it acts like a reset button.

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (50.91 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (50.68 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 am Odd, I have almost zero crashings in the editor.
The game itself is another issue.
Sigh. And this is not really every time the editor boots me out!

Capture1081.jpg
Capture1081.jpg (133.05 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
But, good soldier am I. Realizing that it could be my computer or program installation, and that this game brings more joy than various complaints about it, I deal with this annoyance and persevere. Besides, if it was a pandemic problem, I am sure that developers and guest star DLC designers would have noticed and have done/requested to be done/ something about it.
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

bru888 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:13 am I would send all of these editor crash reports except that I don't want to clog their servers. Thank goodness the game itself is not this unstable. I've learned to save early and often when using the editor, also to close it and reopen it frequently. It still dumps me out on its own, even so. :x
So finally I took a page out of my own book of stuff that I tell everybody else to do and don't do myself! :oops:

That is, I took these steps to exclude OOB from Windows Defender scrutiny:

Image0034.jpg
Image0034.jpg (207.55 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Image0035.jpg
Image0035.jpg (204.44 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Image0036.jpg
Image0036.jpg (275.01 KiB) Viewed 1081 times

Then I went to Task Manager and after careful research, I disabled all of these startup processes which I found out were not necessary; that is, not for the simple ways in which I use my laptop (it's been running fine since and doing everything I want it to do but the emphasis here is on "careful"):

Image0037.jpg
Image0037.jpg (463.51 KiB) Viewed 1081 times

The two programs at the bottom of the list that I do permit to start with Windows, I turn them off in the system tray before I begin working with the OOB editor.

Disk defragmentation was never a problem for me because I do it regularly but I will mention it anyway.

I still follow the precautions of saving the scenario/campaign every time I finish some detail and I frequently close and reopen the program to refresh it.

Result: No more crashes while OOB-editing. Knock on wood. I still think that I should not have to do these things and that the program "leaks resources" or something like that when in editor mode (I don't know the exact technical terms), but I can live with this situation now.
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”