Main menu broken, game unplayable now

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Main menu broken, game unplayable now

Post by Andy2012 »

Hi guys,

well, I guess my walkthrough is on hold until somebody tells me how to fix this.
Screenshot 123.jpg
Screenshot 123.jpg (221 KiB) Viewed 799 times
I had a ton of crashes on the Malta map (none before, rest of PC operation works smoothly), then this. Game starts fine, but the single player menu or the save and load menu wont load properly. I use the Steam version and I already tried 'check file integrity' there. No effect.
My guess is all these crashes broke the game files, somehow. I can quit the game just fine, but restarting Steam and my computer hasnt helped.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Main menu broken, game unplayable now

Post by zakblood »

seems you have maybe other issues, unless you are the first to get to a given point, as unless someone else has had the same issue, advice for it, can be from the developers only, as from my quick looks, no one else has yet posted the same error, so either some files have gone missing, which is common, odd and strange, but still common now days, with anything from a update to a power saving issue or wrong close or shut down where as a file in use doesn't get fully saved so gets corrupted, to hardware, eg a drive is failing etc, or memory for that matter.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

my advice is, as you mentioned steam is this,
but only after this, and in this order
1.jpg
1.jpg (66 KiB) Viewed 792 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (101.54 KiB) Viewed 792 times
which will wipe out all download cache, anything settings wise saved, so you don't loose data, but will loose cache and your login details, so make sure you know them, and then re login once it re starts and Verify Integrity of Game Files after one and two.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@zakblood: Thanks for all the effort. Did what you suggested. (I really struggle to read your posts, all these chopped sentences...)
At first, your suggestions didnt help at all. Issue persisted.
However, I double clicked on one of the earlier saves in the screenshot (turn 23 start), it loaded and I could finish the turn.
After that, the save and load menu was back and working fine.
My guess is that a crash corrupted a save file, that broke the menu and the save and load buttons generally. Dev commentary?
What it most definitely is not is an issue with my hardware. All other programs run fine and stable, as did all the other previous missions.

Anyways, that seems solved for now.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks, glad it worked, and sorry for the chopped and poor writing, being dyslexic at times doesn't help with replies as while windows helps with spelling and grammar most of the time, it doesn't always put it in the right order or how i'd like it to be :oops:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”