OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Navman2854
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by Navman2854 »

Just installed the 6.1.7 upgrade and Sandstorm DLC. The upgrade asked for "Disk 2" part way through, might want to advise users that they have to run the "2 File" in the zip to resolve that. Also, the only skin choices shown are 2 desert ones.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: OOB 6.1.7 Upgrade

Post by VPaulus »

Nope. You just have to unzip the downloaded file "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.zip".
After unzipping, you should have two extracted files:
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe"
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.2"

Just have to run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe".

The issue is that some people don't unzip the files, just run the exe file directly from the unzip program.
Navman2854

Post by Navman2854 »

VPaulus wrote:Nope. You just have to unzip the downloaded file "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.zip".
After unzipping, you should have two extracted files:
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe"
"OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.2"

Just have to run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe".

The issue is that some people don't unzip the files, just run the exe file directly from the unzip program.
You are correct, that's exactly what I did :oops: Want to clarify the skin issue. Currently in a Blitzkrieg scen, went to change skin for armor and only see the 2 desert skins I assume are for Sandstorm.
CapDD
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by CapDD »

Hi,

I play OOB for Mac through Steam. No technical issues to date. After today's update, app won't launch. Both OSx and Steam message that they are unable to open app, with no details. Tried full computer restart, no change. Am in the middle of multiple campaigns so don't want to try reinstallation before exhausting other options.

I really like this game, but my gaming time is extremely limited, so I would appreciate any assistance. Screenshot of error messages attached.

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.05.12.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.05.12.png (429.38 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
AceDuceTrey
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by AceDuceTrey »

I too am having trouble downloading Sandstorm. I got the zipped setupRelease-v6.1.7 and unzipped it but when I try to run it it tells me I need v6.1.7 first and it sends me back.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

did you unzip it to a desktop folder or to elsewhere eg downloads etc?

you Just have to run "OoBWWII-MultiSetupRelease-v6.1.7.exe from a download folder, not a desktop one, as desktop folders don't always have the same or correct permissions to install or unpack as elsewhere
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

CapDD wrote:Hi,

I play OOB for Mac through Steam. No technical issues to date. After today's update, app won't launch. Both OSx and Steam message that they are unable to open app, with no details. Tried full computer restart, no change. Am in the middle of multiple campaigns so don't want to try reinstallation before exhausting other options.

I really like this game, but my gaming time is extremely limited, so I would appreciate any assistance. Screenshot of error messages attached.

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 19.05.12.png
Hi,

Sadly, Steam on Mac has found a nasty habit of not updating the names of files in the folders! This leads to this error.

The easiest way to fix is indeed to uninstall/reinstall. That should not affect any of your settings or save games!

Thanks
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

AceDuceTrey wrote:I too am having trouble downloading Sandstorm. I got the zipped setupRelease-v6.1.7 and unzipped it but when I try to run it it tells me I need v6.1.7 first and it sends me back.
hi,

I believe that's the Installer for just Sandstorm, you'll need the patch installer first to update you to 6.1.7. Try clicking the "Check for Update" button on the game launcher to be redirected to the members are with the patch

Thanks
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

Shards wrote:
AceDuceTrey wrote:I too am having trouble downloading Sandstorm. I got the zipped setupRelease-v6.1.7 and unzipped it but when I try to run it it tells me I need v6.1.7 first and it sends me back.
hi,

I believe that's the Installer for just Sandstorm, you'll need the patch installer first to update you to 6.1.7. Try clicking the "Check for Update" button on the game launcher to be redirected to the members are with the patch

Thanks
I did this but the update does't work. I click on it and it does nothing. When I click multiple times I get the statement: "421 Reach the maximum connection limit, please try again later"
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

VPaulus posted links to the main upgrade here:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=85443

This is the update you need to run before running the Sandstorm package.
msmagnum
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by msmagnum »

Fighter and strike aircraft graphics messed up. The wings are on top of the canopy. There is a screen shot attached to prove my point. This started when I downloaded Sandstorm. Can you please fix this new issue?
Attachments
20180517004254_1.jpg
20180517004254_1.jpg (724.85 KiB) Viewed 2483 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”