Burma road

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Raven89
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Burma road

Post by Raven89 »

So i just startde playing burma road, really like it so far. But to my troubels, even though the game has been out for so long and with so many patches. The problem with the music stoping every few turns remains. It comes back when i reload, so its not hard for me to fix, but its really anoying. Dosent anyone else have this issue? And secondary objectives, yet again i find a secondary objective broken, feels like thoose happens a lot to. I managed to complete the secondary in the first mission to get the ace pilot, but he dosent show up in the second mission. Or does he arrive later on? Have only played the 2 first turns since its getting really late.

Still, even through all theese minor bugs im finding great pleasure in this game since its the game witch i have spent the most time in of all my steam games
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Burma road

Post by bru888 »

The music is fine, I think. I usually turn it off after a short while because it gets repetitive but for as long as I leave it on, it plays all right. See if it's your computer. Restart the game, turn other programs off and make sure nothing is running in the background that will interfere with the music. Reinstall the patch or even the game itself if you need to try that.

The secondary objectives in the first scenario of Burma Road, Operation Krohcol, are also fine. Read the objectives carefully (click the question marks):
* If you destroy two Hillside Rocks, you get a fighter squadron in the next scenario, Task Force Z.
* If you destroy three tanks, you get a tank commander right away. You can let him "hover" or you can assign him immediately.

I accomplished both of these objectives (click each image for a full view):
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (594.23 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
This Fairey Battle is the fighter squadron reward. It appears at the start of Task Force Z:
Screenshot 5.jpg
Screenshot 5.jpg (278.38 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
Here is the tank commander that I assigned to one of my tanks in Operation Krohcol. I assigned him to one of my tanks.
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (640.16 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
He cannot be deployed in Task Force Z, obviously, but he's still with his tank in reserve (scroll to the bottom of the image):
Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 6.jpg (307.7 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
And the tank and its commander are available for the Fall of Singapore, as shown here:
Screenshot 7.jpg
Screenshot 7.jpg (545.42 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
- Bru
Raven89

Post by Raven89 »

Hmm, i usually dont have anything running in the background when playing when the music stops, and it dosent really bother me to much. just wanted to see if anyone else but me had the problem with the music stoping now and then. Differs every time for how long it plays before it stops.

Also i reread the ledge side mission and saw that you woud get a ace fighter, so i went in to the game and double checked to se if it was in the reserve list. But i dident have the plane that you showed in the picture. And i know i finishd the side mission with the ledge. When you managed to destroy the ledges did you get any message telling you that you had blockd the way?

And sorry if i seemd anoyd in my first post or so. Was three in the morning and just wanted to go to bed after writing the post :D
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Raven89 wrote:And sorry if i seemd anoyd in my first post or so. Was three in the morning and just wanted to go to bed after writing the post :D
I didn't notice any annoyance so no problem. As far as what I told you about the secondary objectives, I am not an official programmer - far from it. Most of the time I can only try to replicate issues or, as in this case, try to demonstrate that, in my limited opinion, there is no issue.

You don't get a message when you bust those hillside rocks, but the green check comes on for having accomplished that objective and in the next scenario, the Fairey Battle appears. I also tested it by ending the scenario without busting the rocks and I did not get the fighter in the next scenario. The tank commander gets announced after the third Jap tank is destroyed, and you can let him hover in the upper right corner or assign him to a tank right away. I showed above how he stays in reserve from one scenario to the next (unless his tank is destroyed and he's injured for a while).
- Bru
Raven89

Post by Raven89 »

Whoops, seems like the side mission workd. Got the elite plane on turne 3. :roll:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”