Black Screen on Startup via Steam

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Black Screen on Startup via Steam

Post by VPaulus »

akivett wrote:I'm having this same issue, but on OS X.
Try disabling Steam Overlay:
1) Right click on the game name in the list of your library.
2) Select Properties.
3) Disable "Enable the Steam Overlay" in the General tab.
4) Launch the game through Steam
Erwi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Erwi »

Hi,

Complete uninstall GPU driver, than restart computer. Install "non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.1.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb3.exe" than restart again, but it seems version "15.20.1062-150715a-187142C" on Radeon Setup.

Now, all game is running fine!

Thanks for all.
Geoffrey.P.Smith
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Geoffrey.P.Smith »

akivett wrote:I'm having this same issue, but on OS X.
I had the same blackout on my iMac, shut it down restarted the mac, got some beautifully rendered play(the tutorial & a few moves into Pearl harbor), then the sea & grass on the top part of the screen whited out, i could still see the trees and geology of the island, but this soon deteriorated into a multi layered mess of hexes? Oddly it then wanted to send microsoft windows an error report.

Luckily it runs ok on the pc laptop. Just a shame all that rich color detail is washed out and blah on this worn out old laptop. Early days yet, and it is still a fine game, with heaps of potential.

I did try it again in windowed mode with the steam overlay disabled, the top menu bar has to be on "auto hide and show" or part of the game window is lost from sight at the bottom of the screen, but it was a success! no problem upping the graphics to high; beautiful :D

Now it seems the mini-map ignores my frustrated right clicks, but at least this fantastic hex strategy game plays smoothly without it.

Cheers

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”