Current Bugs - Version 6.1.9

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: Current Bugs - Version 6.1.9

Post by GabeKnight »

Horst wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:45 pm It just disappoints me once again if I notice obvious bugs in the first 5 minutes while not even playing Sandstorm yet that haven't been fixed in four months.
You know how it it is with OoB, if it ain't some game breaking bug, the next patch only arrives with the next DLC.
cfaulkner
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by cfaulkner »

Although posted in another thread, I thought I would add it here. It seems that after the 6.1.9 update the screen will no longer "set". It keeps moving back to the left side.

I've read that this can be attributed to another controller,(such as a joystick,etc.), being connected. I can say as a flight simmer, that just disconnecting the other,(or many other), controller is NOT an option to remedy this. I hope that it will be addressed because I think I'm starting to go into OOB withdrawal.
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

cfaulkner wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 am Although posted in another thread, I thought I would add it here. It seems that after the 6.1.9 update the screen will no longer "set". It keeps moving back to the left side.

I've read that this can be attributed to another controller,(such as a joystick,etc.), being connected. I can say as a flight simmer, that just disconnecting the other,(or many other), controller is NOT an option to remedy this. I hope that it will be addressed because I think I'm starting to go into OOB withdrawal.
Okay, so you disconnected your other controller and the problem persisted or you dont have any other controllers? Or disconnecting them is not an option, not even temporarily for playing OoB?
jakemon
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by jakemon »

[The imported core bug that allows over deploying imported units and driving CPs negative is still present in Ver 6.1.9 non-Steam. http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... re#p693417

This shows a Morning Sun core imported into Rising Sun. The upper picture shows deployment complete and available CPs = 0. Imported units show in the Reserves as available to purchase.

The lower picture shows an imported Marine purchased then deployed on the map. Available CPs = -3.

Deploy_Neg_CP.jpg
Deploy_Neg_CP.jpg (796.42 KiB) Viewed 2216 times

The import core feature otherwise seems to work well:
* imported units show on the Reserves screen as available to purchase
* leaders are imported
* most specializations are imported (Female Labor had to be repurchased in Rising Sun)
cfaulkner

Post by cfaulkner »

Andy2012 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 am
cfaulkner wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 am Although posted in another thread, I thought I would add it here. It seems that after the 6.1.9 update the screen will no longer "set". It keeps moving back to the left side.

Okay, so you disconnected your other controller and the problem persisted or you dont have any other controllers? Or disconnecting them is not an option, not even temporarily for playing OoB?
TBH... I've only read that the issue is caused by another controller by reading it here viewtopic.php?f=372&t=87045. This began after updating to 6.1.9 , Had no issues prior to that.

What I'm saying is that disconnecting other controllers is not an option for me.(or anyone else that might have flight sim hardware). If it was just disconnecting a gamepad or something I would probably be ok, unfortunately I have Joystick,Throttle, rudder pedals, switches,Track IR...etc. About 6 different controllers in all and every time they are disconnected, (even one), they ALL have to be remapped before they can be used again. This takes about an hour or so and must be done separately for each sim. Since Rise of Flight and IL2 are about the only thing I do as much as play OOB.... you see why I hesitate to do it.

This weekend I'll probably set up my old rig and load OOB on that, should work in the short term but I do hope that this gets addressed.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

cfaulkner wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 pm TBH... I've only read that the issue is caused by another controller by reading it here viewtopic.php?f=372&t=87045. This began after updating to 6.1.9 , Had no issues prior to that.

What I'm saying is that disconnecting other controllers is not an option for me.(or anyone else that might have flight sim hardware). If it was just disconnecting a gamepad or something I would probably be ok, unfortunately I have Joystick,Throttle, rudder pedals, switches,Track IR...etc. About 6 different controllers in all and every time they are disconnected, (even one), they ALL have to be remapped before they can be used again. This takes about an hour or so and must be done separately for each sim. Since Rise of Flight and IL2 are about the only thing I do as much as play OOB.... you see why I hesitate to do it.

This weekend I'll probably set up my old rig and load OOB on that, should work in the short term but I do hope that this gets addressed.
Okay, that sounds like a job and a half. :shock:
Back in the day, IL2 Sturmovik was one of my faves. Took me a day to get it off the ground and weeks to land one. Or hit anything. But nowadays, I dont have time for that learning curve anymore. Sad, I know.
Asap
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Asap »

Asap wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:51 pm The AI stucks and is thinking forever after switching to the German side instead of switching to the enemy's side, when I end my turn.
This bug occurred again in the Norway scenario and maybe it's a little different then I first thought. After I finished one of my turns, the German AI took over and nothing more happened after that. No units were moved and no further progress was made in the game.
Attachments
AI Bug.jpg
AI Bug.jpg (243.31 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
"The sun is new each day" Heraclitus
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Panzerkrieg, "11_Kharkov_43" scen, deployment hex waaaaay beyond enemy lines:

Screenshot 697.jpg
Screenshot 697.jpg (347.37 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

But maybe this is some kind of hidden spec ops para objective? I'll try it... :)
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

An old mistake, has been reported for a long time but the Devs had more important matters.
I think it would be good to correct it in the end.

Blitzkrieg - 2nd scn. Warsaw
The scenario starts on September 7 or 8, 1939, and ends at the beginning of November (over 30 turns last almost 2 months).
The thing is that in fact Warsaw capitulated at the end of September 1939, and the last battles on the front expired by October 5.
I asked Devs to correct it, for example they should change the time in such a way that 1 day would correspond to 3 turns in the game (at this moment 1 turn in the game = 2 days on the battlefield)

Perhaps it doesn't matter for most players, but I think that the game should be done properly in every aspect, also in the historical aspect (for me it is very important)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

kondi754 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:01 am An old mistake, has been reported for a long time but the Devs had more important matters.
I think it would be good to correct it in the end.

Blitzkrieg - 2nd scn. Warsaw
The scenario starts on September 7 or 8, 1939, and ends at the beginning of November (over 30 turns last almost 2 months).
The thing is that in fact Warsaw capitulated at the end of September 1939, and the last battles on the front expired by October 5.
I asked Devs to correct it, for example they should change the time in such a way that 1 day would correspond to 3 turns in the game (at this moment 1 turn in the game = 2 days on the battlefield)

Perhaps it doesn't matter for most players, but I think that the game should be done properly in every aspect, also in the historical aspect (for me it is very important)
Historically :
Siege of Warsaw (1939), Date = September 8–28, 1939

Scenario Warsaw :
- Starting Date = 10/09/1939
-Turn Limit = 30
- Days per Turn = 2
I think that the Scenario Designer simply confused Days per Turn with Turns per Day. With Turns per Day = 2, it would finish September 25th.

When I play I look at the date when the first turn then later I look no more than turns.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

@Terminator
Thank you for checking this scenario
I supposed it is some kind of mistake
Asap