Map Splitter Issue

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

mtrivundza
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Map Splitter Issue

Post by mtrivundza »

Hey Guys,

Having some fun messing with the modding tools and trying to add my own landmass and a new nation but ran into an issue with the map splitter and the mesh not matching up. I used the existing province map and realm map and made my changes to them and then used the Map Splitter Tool. However, after doing so the mesh is offline. Not much at the start but the closer to the lower right hand side of the map the less it matches. I tested my mesh on the normal games map and it still matches up fine so I know its not the mesh changes. I even tested using the provided ProvinceMap and RealmMap in the game files and after using the map splitter the mesh no longer matches up.

So I'm looking for some help for what I'm doing wrong.

Some Notes on other issues I've run into while modding:
-The Realm Select file doesn't actually match the individual RealmMap files so I'm assuming that its an older version? (Coloring is off, Jotland border surrounds land it doesn't own, etc)
-The game doesn't load the sov_text file in the mod folder or doesn't throw an error if there's a problem with it. Everything is showing up as TEXT_MISSING
-The game doesn't load the stacknodes files in the mod folder. I had to place it in the game files for it to work.
-How does one get the purple border lines to appear on new provinces? I've been able to assign my new provinces to existing nations but the border around them doesn't appear. I assume I missed something.

Thanks for the help in advance! Really enjoying the game even at this early stage.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Re: Map Splitter Issue

Post by Jekky »

Definitely sounds like some sort of bug. The files do have to be a specific size in order for them to work.

The purple nation borders are generated automatically from the province meshes (as created in the Province Mesh Editor tool) - these meshes tell the game where the province lies, and the edges of that area are used to create the borders.

Return to “Sovereignty: Modders Corner”