Black screen with music on start

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Dusso
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Black screen with music on start

Post by Dusso »

I just purchased the game on Steam and it seems I cannot play it; when I try to run the game, the screen goes black, I can see and move only the mouse pointer and the music starts playing, but that's all; the game is completely not responding, I have to switch to other tasks in order to shut it down. On the first run I saw a window asking me if I want to use fddshow or not; I tried to start the game without it and with it but with the same results.
The system is 64 bit Windows 7, Intel i7 Q740 with 8GB RAM, Nvidia GT 425M.

I tried shutting off Antivirus (Kaspersky Lab), CCleaner, Nvidia manager, but without any luck.

What should I do next?
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Re: Black screen with music on start

Post by lordzimoa »

Maker sure only your Nvidia card is working the Intel card (that is not supported) is the cause for this problem, see more here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312430/di ... 462717254/
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

To anyone lacking in tech savvy using an Nvidia card;

Open your control panel, pick Hardware & sound, and locate you the Nvidia control panel (it was 3rd from the bottom on my system).

Once the control panel is open, click Manage 3d Settings, Program Settings, and check the drop down list for Sovereignty. If you don't see it, click the Add tab and add it. Change the default setting to High Performance Nvidia processor and hit the apply button. That should fix it.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

For some advice how to switch from your Intel card to an Nvidia or AMD dedicated card see here:

Changing graphics card settings to use your dedicated GPU on a Windows computer:

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/art ... -computer-
Dusso

Post by Dusso »

Thank you, that solved the problem :D although I believe I don't have two graphic cards, but it seems for some PhysX effects my system could use main processor and switching it only to Nvidia solved the problem :D

Return to “Sovereignty: Tech Support”