War for Europe and the Near East Campaign

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: War for Europe and the Near East Campaign

Post by GDod »

ahuyton wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 am Hi Gavin

I think that my challenge is against Greetings44 rather than Kiwiwarlordski.

Can I use an ECW list or is it better that I use something else? (in relation to your earlier post). I don't mind.

Alan
Thanks Alan, challenge amended below. No,you need to use extra nations v3.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

GDod wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:10 am
ahuyton wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:59 am Hi Gavin

I think that my challenge is against Greetings44 rather than Kiwiwarlordski.

Can I use an ECW list or is it better that I use something else? (in relation to your earlier post). I don't mind.

Alan
Thanks Alan, challenge amended below. No,you need to use extra nations v3.
Ah sorry. In which case I will go back in time and use English 1494-1542
Greetings44
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Greetings44 »

Game posted for ahuyton password kiwi.

Challenge for waterhead1985 for Austria, I'll use Safavid Persian 1515-1590

The Moroccan Moles advances in Persia have been rebuffed, leaving behind some exotic headgear.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Greetings44 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:43 pm
The Moroccan Moles advances in Persia have been rebuffed, leaving behind some exotic headgear.
Yes, unfortunately as the sultan had feared, the Persian modern technology has won the day. He has returned homeward to reexamine the possibility of more widespread use of these new fangled weapons. At the same time, the unfortunate use of fancy wide-brimmed hats were not conducive to the speed of the light cavalry and blew off in the charge. As a consequence, sun strike hampered the attack to such an extent that it blinded the lancers who failed to pin their targets. We are considering a number of options in the future including the fez.
Persians celebrate win.jpg
Persians celebrate win.jpg (187.92 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
Last edited by GDod on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Latest updated player challenges Please note KiwiLordski's overlooked challenge for Austria lodged on the 3rd
Challenges.jpg
Challenges.jpg (110.11 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

May I assume command of Lithuania?
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

w_michael wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 pm May I assume command of Lithuania?
Is Lithuana your challenge for an unowned territory William? If so, it's best to pm me as others may also have claimed it. In this case there will be a battle between the first two. The winner may then choose whether to play the others not only for the territory but to accumulate an honour point.
FYI You may claim two unowned territories per month. The cumulative claims will be posted on the 7th Dec
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

I guess that I still don't understand what is going on. I looked at the map a couple of days ago and I did not appear to own any territory, so I assumed that I could be assigned an unowned one because you previously said: "Yes, if you've lost your homeland you'll have the opportunity to chose it first next month".

I now see that on Page 10 that I've been assigned Italy. Very good. Forget about Lithuania.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

w_michael wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 pm I guess that I still don't understand what is going on. I looked at the map a couple of days ago and I did not appear to own any territory, so I assumed that I could be assigned an unowned one because you previously said: "Yes, if you've lost your homeland you'll have the opportunity to chose it first next month".

I now see that on Page 10 that I've been assigned Italy. Very good. Forget about Lithuania.
I understand now... you were claiming Lithuana as your home base. Sorry for the confusion, you no longer need to.You were fighting Aryaman for Italy. Even though you say you were losing, you were awarded Italy because Aryaman withdrew from the campaign as we could no longer contact him.
This quote from the last November update may help explain it William.
Both the Sun King of France Aryaman Bourbon and Mad King William Felipe I of Spain claimed by right the Kingdom of Italy. The Bourbon king based his claim on a future assertion to the right to remarry Marie de' Medici in the event of his current wife's death, even though Felipe is currently married to the very same women. Europe no longer needs to wait in nervous anticipation of a result since the French army has withdrawn due to the Sun King's recent disappearance.
I hope you have better luck in your "new Italian head-dress" than my poor Moroccans wide-brimmed hats! :(
awesum4
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by awesum4 »

Dilly O'Dilly has accepted my challenge for Ireland and set up a battle between my Gallant Early Scottish hairy-legged spearmen and his bog-dwelling kern.

However he has also set up a battle for Scotland without placing a challenge on here. He has set up a battle between his force of Scots Jacobites and my Scots Jacobites. I have accepted it as a friendly game because it should be fun with masses of warriors charging headlong into masses of warriors. But I cannot see how he can have Scots Jacobites as he doesn't own Scotland.
I believe he should place a challenge for Scotland here in public for all to see and marvel at. He can issue this challenge using any v3 army from Ireland, Poland, The Netherlands or Portugal and once he has done so I will select the appropriate Scottish army to defend my thistle covered homeland.

I look forward to future missives from my cousin across the narrow sea,

McAwesum of Glen Campbell.
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Coming soon.jpg
Coming soon.jpg (5.46 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
One day to go before the December Mayhem commences. Keep vigilant players. War is looming across Europe
w_michael

Post by w_michael »

I challenge Swiss (Awesum4) with Italian 1494 - 1530.
awesum4

Post by awesum4 »

I will accept the challenge for Switzerland, I will set up the battle using Swiss...what else.....password cheese
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

w_michael wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:06 am I challenge Swiss (Awesum4) with Italian 1494 - 1530.
You truly are the mad king William.
Mad King.jpg
Mad King.jpg (2.63 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
The not so supreme sultan, now known as the "Mad Hatter" aka the Moroccan Mole wishes you the best of fortune in this one.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Claim to unclaimed territory #4 Resolved.

The 8,290 French 'Impact Everything' (1690 ) army of Scottish Mercenaries hired by McAwesum4, was defeated by the 9,889 Prussian 'we don't have Impact as we are Prussian' (1698 ) army of Ottoman Turk Mercenaries hired by KiwiWarlordski, 60% - 42%
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

WAR HAS ARRIVED
Europe Map.jpg
Europe Map.jpg (310.85 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
Challenges.jpg
Challenges.jpg (188.78 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
The European, North African and Near Eastern Gazette
December News

Claims for unclaimed territories and homeland challenges have all been accepted at this office. Most Kingdoms have submitted papers in triplicate to this newsroom for filing of their outrageous unjustified claims to owned and independent lands.
Hence, Local landowners throughout Europe, the Near East and Africa are once more in widespread panic. Alfonso de Alac'a'Name's cousin Agathe Zeublouze residing in the village of Je souffle dans votre direction générale when interviewed stated, "où est passée toute ma crème solaire", which roughly translates to "Where has all my sunscreen gone!"

Highlights from last month
While the has been confused ownership of the sun drenched Italian peninsular and its copious quantities of sunscreen, and herbal remedies for sun stroke and sun burn [clearly in high demand since the establishment of the Irish holiday resort in Portugal], Mad King William Felipe 1 took Italy without even lifting a pike due to the disappearance of the French King.
Meanwhile, Alan-a-dale of all Angles reports that his army chivalrously manufactured a defeat to prop up the Scottish King McAwesum and to avoid having to move his court to the grey wet wastelands of Edinburgh. This season he is heading south to his merry minstrels tune of He up and ran away…
Moreover, the on again-off again-on again Turkish invasion of Russia has extended well this season with KiwiLordski determined to add Mouse-E-Tungovich’s homeland to his migratory conquests.

This month

CALL TO ARMS BRITISH ISLES
This month kicked off with McAwesum of the Glen Campbells, self-styled rightful laird of Scotland and all the Celtic peoples except those residing in Wales, challenged Dilly O'Dilly [who he sees as the usurper of all Ireland] to a contest of arms for ownership of their bogs, forests, valleys and tiny hills of Ireland. O’Dilly’s supporters claim the Scottish King has taken advantage of the absence of many waraiors as most of his pasty sun starved warriors continue to incapacitate themselves in Portugal with sun stroke and sun burn.
CALL TO ARMS NEAR EAST
At the same time, the Moroccan Mole lodged a claim as the legitimate Supreme Sultan of all North Africa and the Near east because the Moroccans have better hats. Subsequently, the Moroccan “Mad Hatter” Mole not only challenged for Persia but Turkey in order to free their brothers under the yoke of the ex-Polish Kiwilordski. Both the current Grand sultan residing in Persia and recently installed “Polish sultan” in turkey accepted.
CALL TO ARMS WESTERN EUROPE
Unbeknown to the ‘Mad Hatter”, Prince Rupert had simultaneously organised a cruise to Constantinople and the delightful Turkish countryside for his beloved King, Alan-a-dale of all Angles. Passing the Moroccan fleet in the Western Mediterranean Prince Rupert abandoned preparation for an indulgent döner kebab and lager picnic with highly anticipated entertainment from the sultan’s famous belly dancers and shifted their drooling gaze to the Grand sultan’s possessions on the Spanish mainland. A chivalrous acceptance by the Grand sultan means Europe will not have to await long for the result. Further to the mayhem, KiwiLordski and McAwesum’s gaze have simultaneously fallen on territory 4. This reporter assumes that somewhere in territory 4 may hold the key to finally unravelling the mystery ingredient in squirrel soup. Conversely, as one Slovak peasant suggested, “V tomto ročnom období je to pekné ... hlavne pre veveričky, tak veverička polievka je ľahké sa dostať.” We did not have to wait long for the French army of Scottish Mercenaries hired by McAwesum4 to be soundly defeated by the Prussian army of Ottoman Turk Mercenaries hired by KiwiWarlordski. Europe awaits the mystery to be finally solved.
Nearby in the hills of yodelling swiss goatherds, Mad King William Felipe I marched his few exiled Spanish and new found Italian subjects to challenge McAwsum’s recently annexed Swiss Winter skiing resort. One distressed tartan clad peasant of dubious swiss ancestry from the hamlet of Chesyjok’e nervously exclaimed “The hills are alive with the sound of music”. This was followed by numerous derisive comments from his neighbours. Seemingly, they considered the screeching and high-pitched whining cacophony as noise coming from thousands of fishwives lamenting the loss of their menfolk at sea rather than any known music.
CALL TO ARMS CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPE
Meanwhile the “Polish sultan” KiwiLordski attempts to avenge the oppression of his ex-countrymen and liberate European territories under Islamic rule by challenging the Grand sultan’s recent acquisition of Austria and O’Dilly’s subjection of Poland. Simultaneously, the Graymouser’s eastern possessions of the Cossack Hetmanate and Lithuania are being coveted by respectively by Dilly O’Dilly and Alan-a-dale of every Angle.
waterhead1985
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by waterhead1985 »

I put up two games for KiwiWarload and Greetings, if they are wrong fell free to fix it. Sorry for being tardy I'm going to do a better job keeping up.
waterhead1985

Post by waterhead1985 »

I would like to challenge Spain for Finland. Swedish 1649-1675
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

waterhead1985 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:28 am I put up two games for KiwiWarload and Greetings, if they are wrong fell free to fix it. Sorry for being tardy I'm going to do a better job keeping up.
Looks like both are wrong WH'85
You must use an army listed as available to Austria

from Greetings
Challenge for waterhead1985 for Austria, I'll use Safavid Persian 1515-1590

from me
Post by KiwiWarlord » 02 Dec 2018 22:14
Ottoman Turks using the 1610 - 1617 army Challenge Austria.

Read the rules ( para 10 ) on setting up against challenges.

Lists updated as below:
See options below
Portugal includes Portuguese in Morocco
Russia has access to Georgian
Germany has access to Saxony , Swabian league, German peasants, Prussian and Imperial, but not Bavaria.
Ireland has access to Irish, Jacobite Irish and Anglo-Irish [as does England]
Ottomans have access to Turcomans and Dulkadir emirate
Scotland has access to Scottish and the following: Scots Covenanters/Royalists, Scottish Border Reivers, Monmouth Rebellion, Jacobite Scottish
Austria has access to Imperial and Imperial in Africa
Hungary has access to Hungarian, Hungarian peasants and Transylvanian
England has access to English, British and the following: English Border Reivers, British Tangiers Garrison, Williamite in Scotland and Williamite in Ireland, Anglo-Irish, and Monmouth Rebellion
Persia has access Mamluk and Safavid Persian
Cossack only has access to Zaporozhian Cossack
Morocco only has access to Moroccan
Uzbek Hetmanate has access to Khanate of Kazan
Both Swiss and France have access to Savoyard
France also has access to Burgundian
Venice has access to Venetian in Africa
Swedish Protectorates have access to Swedish
Spain has access to Spanish and Spanish Imperial
Malbork has access to Teutonic Knights
Bavaria to Bavarian
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

waterhead1985 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:28 am I put up two games for KiwiWarload and Greetings, if they are wrong fell free to fix it. Sorry for being tardy I'm going to do a better job keeping up.
Hi WH85 and KiwiLordski

a) WH85, you need to only accept KiwiLordski who challenged first [03/12].
FROM RULES
If more than two challenges for unowned territories, the first two received by PM play off. [Note: The winner may choose to accept subsequent challenges]
If you win, you can then decide if you want to accept Greetings44 [4/12] challenge for an honour point

If you lose, then KiwiLordski can either take the territory or choose to play Greetings44 for an honour point.

b) If you need any advice, or help setting up the game, just pm me...I'm only happy to help :D

Return to “Pike & Shot : Tournaments & Leagues”